CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. QA Test Specialist in Windsor, Connecticut
QA Test Specialist
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
QA Test Specialist
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Windsor, Connecticut, United States
Position ID: J0120-0637
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Do you have a strong attention to detail and a passion for testing? Are you interested in joining a fast-paced, innovating team. If so, apply today for our QA Test Specialist role!
CGI is looking for a QA Test Specialist to join the team in Windsor, CT.
We are looking for an experienced, skilled and energetic quality assurance resource (6+ Years) to join our team. They are looking for a mix of manual and automation testing skilled candidate. This resource will be primarily in manual but when given a chance he can switch to automation as well.
As a member of our quality assurance team, you will be an active participant in the full development lifecycle; designing, implementing and maintaining solutions for the Web / Mobile application.
Success in this role requires you to be a self-starter who initiates actions and follows up to get results; you must be conscientious with consistent attention to detail and quality and have a passion for being the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the Healthcare Industry, this role is for you.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and/or maintain test scripts that provide for adherence to business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and properly account for a quality product delivery; ensuring the identification of existing or potential issues.
• Collaborate with delivery team (software/systems development personnel) in the validation of requirements; development of unit test cases; and execution of test scripts. Make recommendations for improvement of process and/or applications to ensure team’s ability to deliver quality project outcomes, on time and within budget.
• Create QA test strategies; test plan providing project scope coverage and appropriate risk mitigation. Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management teams.
• Execute test scripts and store the test results in tool.
• Adhere to the quality assurance standards and testing measures that meet the needs of the Application Support Group’s Agile delivery methods.
• Manage strong business relationships and IT peer partnerships.
• Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
• Quality - strong attention to detail and understanding of various testing methods including the growing agile methodology
• Responsible for testing, resolving and documenting defects
• Oversee the activities of the QA resources in support of defined project plans; providing guidance and insight when necessary. This includes but is not limited to the creation of test plans; execution of test scripts in accordance with defined plans; the coordination of peer and partner review sessions; and obtaining business sign off.
• Ensure that test plan and correlated test scripts provide for adherence to business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and properly account for the identification of existing or potential issues.
• Coordinating work with onsite and offshore teams.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies and keen attention to detail.
• Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
• Proficiency with database query tools / Strong SQL skills.
• Manual testing experience in front end applications like mobile and web.
• Experience testing services like SOAP and REST using SoapUI, Postman.
• Experience with Agile delivery framework.
• QA automation experience via Perfecto Mobile tool a plus.
• Experience with drafting test scripts, TDD.
• Experience in onshore / offshore model.
• Proven collaboration skills; demonstrating ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together and facilitate productive discussions. Capable of driving decisions.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. Ability and willingness to support systems or other functions when necessary for the good of the project.
• Strong time management skills; highly organized and detail oriented. Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
• Knowledge of the HealthCare industry and Mobile technologies is MUST.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Extensive Testing background with at least 2-3 years of test management.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.