CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Junior Windows System Administrator in West Sacramento, California
Junior Windows System Administrator
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Junior Windows System Administrator
Category: Service Desk / End User Services
City: West Sacramento, California, US United States
Position ID: J1121-2070
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a Junior Windows System Administrator to join our team!
Responsible for the coordination, creation, and maintenance of all project related computing environments.
These environments include, but are not limited to: Development, System Test, Conversion, Performance Test, Training and production.
Lead and be responsible for the success for various environment project enhancements.
Will have the opportunity to work with and support various technologies in a virtualized Microsoft Windows Server environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Acts as the liaison between project teams (developers, testers, etc.) and administrators
• Leads discussions and identifies environment needs. Develops action strategy and implements to completion
• Maps needs into hardware and operating system requirements and work with administrators to get the necessary infrastructure provisioned
• Maps needs into database requirements and works with DBAs to get necessary databases provisioned and configured
• Documents and maintains the environment specific configurations
• Ensures that all hardware and system software licenses are compliant and asset management processes are followed
• Provides Level 2 support for project environment and application issues. Troubleshoots and resolves issues and escalates to administrators, developers or manufacturers as necessary.
• Coordinates and participates in system creation/maintenance including work such as patching and upgrades.
• After hours and weekend support is expected during certain phases of the project
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, (Word, Excel, Visio, etc.) 2010 or later
• Must have experience installing and troubleshooting applications in a Microsoft Server environment
• General understanding of networks, and protocols (firewalls, routers, switches, TCP/UDP, etc.)
• Familiarity with client/server architecture
• Familiarity with VMware and Microsoft Windows System administration
Skill Set/Years of Experience:
Microsoft Windows Server Administration - 2+ years
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience with Microsoft SharePoint Server installation, configuration and troubleshooting
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services installation, configuration and troubleshooting
• Prior working knowledge of Sagitec frameworks, tools and/or products such as Neospin is a plus
Skill Set/Years of Experience:
Microsoft SharePoint Server - 1+ years
Microsoft SQL Server - 1+ years
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services - 1+ years
Minimum Education Required: Associates Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $44,000-$78,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.