CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. IT Customer Support Specialist - Team Lead in West Point, New York
IT Customer Support Specialist - Team Lead
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
IT Customer Support Specialist - Team Lead
Category: Service Desk / End User Services
City: West Point, New York, United States
Position ID: J0121-0315
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a highly motivated, detailed oriented Senior Computer User Support Specialist Team Lead to join the CGI Team in West Point, New York. The member will be leading a growing team of computer support professionals to provide tier 1 and tier 2 level IT service support for the US Military Academy (USMA) staff, faculty and cadets. USMA currently has over 7,500 end users which includes students (Cadets), faculty, and staff. The school provides laptops for their 2,500 staff and faculty.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Manage daily work, communication, morale and knowledge growth within the support operation staff.
• Organize and prioritize assigned workload.
• Establish support schedule to assure adequate coverage for service hours.
• Assure client satisfaction with user support operations through improving support and operations by actively responding to queries, handling complaints, performing risk based internal retrospectives and establishing quality process and templates.
• IT support will be completed both physically at West Point and remotely using the approved software tools in place. Some support may need to be conducted at the user’s location. Member may need to walk as much as a ½ mile around the academic area to support users.
• Offer technical assistance on the delivery, configuration, set-up, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer systems, hardware, and software.
• Assist users with installation of Microsoft Office 365 Suite of applications and troubleshooting of issues.
• Capability to conduct training sessions with individuals and groups on the various hardware, operating system, and software solutions in place.
• Support the various applications used by our staff and faculty in a higher education, engineering environment. These software installations are science and mathematics specific but are not limited to those areas. The member must be able to troubleshoot and provide support in each of the (13) academic programs and the (26) centers of excellence.
• Assist with authoring and editing knowledge base articles to be reviewed and published in the Knowledge Management Database.
• Ability to assist with troubleshooting, configuring, and wired and wireless networks. This also includes knowledge of critical security concepts, key cloud computing best practices and typical service models, newer hardware and virtualization techniques.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Must possess these required IT certifications
o CompTIA Security o CompTIA Ao CompTIA N• Must be proficient with computer systems in a Microsoft Windows Operating System and network environment.
• Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office 365 Suite of applications.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Works well with a team.
Education & Experience
• BA degree required plus 5-8 years experience.
- Help Desk/IT Services
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.