CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Solution Architect in Wayne, New Jersey
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Wayne, New Jersey, US United States
Position ID: J0921-1652
Employment Type: Full Time
The Solutions Architect is a key role which has both technical and leadership responsibilities (responsible for a team of engineers).The Solution Architect will work closely with the Product Manager, various Business teams and own scrum teams to understand end user challenges; designing technology solutions that will create high value for your customers. The Solution Architect and the team will work with continual feedback cycles; analyzing product usage, end user behaviors and systems performance information as input into the continual evolution of your products; delivering continual and incremental value to the end user.
The person will be responsible to ensure that the architecture and software design is both fit for purpose, understood and agreed by the team, implemented as intended and aligned with the Enterprise-wide guiderails and policies.
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Wayne, NJ
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Solutions architecture responsibilities:
• Work alongside your product manager to understand end user challenges and future ambition through a deep understanding of current state processes and constraints.
• Evangelize technology; help your customers and product manager realize the possibilities of both the technology, and methods of enabling (feature toggling, A/B testing)
• Create software and solution designs that the team can work with to deliver the outcomes required through initial MVP and subsequent iterative cycles of development.
• Promote an evolutionary architectural approach, allowing designs to evolve as new information becomes available.
• Create unambiguous architectural direction for the team in alignment with Enterprise ambition and strategy.
• Ensure the team considers operational concerns when building solutions (monitoring, logging, deployment)
• Balance short-term tactical decisions with longer-term aspirations to ensure that technical debt is kept at an acceptable level.
• Work across teams to support the creation of non-functional requirements, including but not limited to performance thresholds and security considerations.
• Engage as a member of an architectural community of practice, supporting fellow architects, knowledge sharing and establishing policies, blueprints, and codified architectural patterns.
• Work with the teams to answer questions through prototyping and spike development.
• Work with the team to clearly define acceptance criteria for stories of architectural significance.
• Advisory to the product manager and teams during the prioritization of features and stories.
• Review code and sprint output to ensure that the architectural intent has been realized.
Team leadership and line management responsibilities
• Support the career aspirations of your team members, providing continual mentoring and guidance.
• Recruit the best and continually nurture the team to achieve high performance.
• Ensure your team members clearly understand what is important through definition of objectives.
• Reward and recognize team member’s achievements.
• Resolve team member conflicts.
• Encourage team member development and career progression.
• Encourage a culture of learning and curiosity.
• Champion knowledge sharing.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Good working experience in large global organizations, supporting large multi-pillar global initiatives and teams. Additionally, with experience in at least three of the following IT Solution design disciplines:
• Fiserv DNA experience
• Fiserv Nautilus experience
• Information & Data architecture
• Business architecture
• Application architecture
• Software System Design
• Infrastructure architecture
• Information Security architecture & data privacy
• Integration architecture
Preferred: Prior knowledge and experience in a Financial Service industry in any of the following business areas (including, but not limited to understanding business practices & processes, understanding and analyzing competitive situations, and regulatory climate of the industry)
• Retail Bank
• Commercial Bank
Proven expertise in solution design best practices including agile and waterfall methodologies
• A deep understanding of technology and technology trends.
o Experience across a variety of architectures, technologies and approaches beyond Cloud
o Excellent understanding of PaaS (ideally Azure), SaaS and IaaS; Cloud native design how this technology can be best utilized to increase team velocity and reduce cost of ownership using cloud first approach.
o Excellent knowledge of integration patterns (API, pub/sub, ETL) and the design/build of them using enterprise integration platforms (MuleSoft, Kafka, Azure Integration Services)
o Understanding of Event driven microservice architectures; benefits, patterns, pitfalls and operational considerations
o Experience with container technology (Docker / K8 / Azure AKS), sidecar patterns
o Experience with serverless compute
o Experience with Hybrid cloud implementations
o Experience with DevOps practices
o Experience with highly Secure and Highly available architecture
• A good grasp of the importance of data, recognizing the value of acting on empirical evidence.
• An ability to translate end user outcomes into technology designs.
• An ability to work closely with software engineers to resolve ambiguity and to impart an architectural intent.
• An ability to work with non-technical people to describe topics of a technical nature.
• Ability to work within a team, to enjoy being challenged, and to enjoy challenging others.
• Has prior knowledge / experience within the banking sector with direct experience in either retail or commercial banking.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Team Oriented, client facing skills, able to collaborate with multiple teams.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related Field
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $120,000 - 160,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.