CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. QA Automation Lead in Wayne, New Jersey
QA Automation Lead
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
QA Automation Lead
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Wayne, New Jersey, US United States
Position ID: J0621-0691
Employment Type: Full Time
Professionals is able to employ the process modeling phases, goals and deliverables, communicate process needs through the expected, exception, and escalation paths in a Business Process Definition model; capture, define, analyze, improve, and document a process model in IBM Blueworks Live and; identify the Business Case and Requirements, Key Opportunities, and Process Return on Investment (ROI); and enforce delivery of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Wayne, NJ; Tampa, FL;
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Contribute to the development, implementation and continual evolution of the Test Automation strategy
• Support the team in the selection and implementation of test automation tools and frameworks that are suitable for their needs.
• Participate in sprint/project/release planning to establish and maintain testing plans and initial scheduling estimates per project.
• Work with project teams to ensure that system requirements and solution designs are clearly understood and testable.
• Work with the teams to develop automated UI and API tests
• Work with the teams to build and maintain their automated regression tests
• Introduce relevant testing approaches into the teams (e.g. TDD / BDD)
• Build relevant test information radiators and dashboards to report on quality and support rapid feedback cycles, promote a ‘stop-the-line’ mentality within the teams
• Work with the teams to triage and rapidly resolve defects
• Participate in continuous improvement efforts for the maturation of the IT QA/QC function and the overall SDLC/PMLC.
• Serve as a subject matter expert and advocate for IT QA/QC to promote a culture of good quality practices.
• Experience in QA Automation and leading teams of QA Testers
• Develop and maintain automation tests and test cases and contribute to continuous delivery
• Participate in both manual and automated testing efforts
• Execute all flavors of testing, including but not limited to functional, API, integration and end-to-end
• Actively participates in requirements and design reviews, release readiness reviews and other inspections.
• Coach engineering teams to set appropriate quality goals and acceptance criteria
• Help with debugging and root cause analysis of defects and tracking them in Jira or equivalent toolset
• Coordinate with business stakeholders and escalate issues as needed
• Provide ongoing process improvement and efficiency metrics for the department
• Be adaptable enough to work on whatever is necessary to finish tasks
• Define, evolve, and mature QA automation framework using industry standard tools and approaches
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, similar or equivalent hands-on technology experience; all will be considered equally.
• 5+ years of CI/CD/test automation experience
• Must have experience implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) practices
• Experience using automation testing tools and techniques
• Experience working with scripting languages and APIs
• Knowledge of services, web technologies and n-tier browser-based applications
• Experience with and thorough understanding of formal defect management processes
• Demonstrated expertise troubleshooting complex, distributed software applications
• Ability to work well with other teams to resolve issues and defects
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Show an ability to learn and solve issues in a timely manner "
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Experience with IBM Blueworks with core and retail banking
Skill Set/Years of Experience/Proficiency Level
Automation tools 5 Master
Testing 5 Master
QA 5 Master
Reporting 5 Proficient
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Skill Set/Years of Experience/Proficiency Level
Selenium 5 High
SoapUI / Postman 5 Medium
TestComplete, Qmetry, UFT, QTP 5 High
Lightning Component Framework, Apex, Visualforce, Automated Performance Testing,
Minimum Education Required:
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.