CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Enterprise Technology Architect in Wayne, New Jersey
Enterprise Technology Architect
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Enterprise Technology Architect
City: Wayne, New Jersey, US United States
Position ID: J1021-2422
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Technical Architect at you will be responsible for designing technology systems that will create high value for customers. You will be an extension of the IT leadership team and should be a trailblazer in the IT organization
You will demonstrate thorough knowledge and/or success with completing and managing components of private, public or hybrid cloud environment-related Business Systems Integrations solutions. Ensure that the architecture and software design is fit for purpose, aligned with technical design authority / architecture review board, implemented as intended and aligned with the Enterprise-wide guiderails and policies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead to Program and/or Project Manager across multiple technology implementation systems.
• Leveraging thorough knowledge with the delivery cloud-based application architectures and development, integration,
distributed data management, and application testing
• Understanding hardware virtualization (servers, storage, and networks), grid computing, internet
security protocols and standards, application, integration, and data architecture
• Participating in and/or leading several project management workstreams and teams, including large
development projects with off-shore, vendor, and/or client resources components that emphasize
evangelizing cloud computing at both the business and technology levels
• Building on existing investments in virtualization, service oriented architecture, and web solutions,
while leveraging mature concepts, architectures, and technologies largely borrowed from the mainframe
• Collaborating with other technical and non-technical team members, clients, and vendors in
technology neutral language to define, build, and deliver solutions
• Create software and solution designs that the team can work with to deliver the outcomes required through initial MVP and subsequent iterative cycles of development.
• Promote an evolutionary architectural approach, allowing designs to evolve as new information becomes available.
• Ensure the team considers operational concerns when building solutions (monitoring, logging, deployment)
• Balance short term tactical decisions with longer term aspirations to ensure that technical debt is kept at an acceptable level.
Work across teams to support the creation of non-functional requirements, including but not limited to performance thresholds and security considerations.
Comply with all regulations pertaining to BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT, and OFAC. Complete annual BSA training. Report suspicions of criminal activity, or any attempt to avoid BSA reporting requirements on the part of customers or employees, to the AML/BSA Compliance Department. For supervisory positions, ensure BSA training requirements are completed by staff.
Perform other job duties as deemed necessary by supervisor.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A deep understanding of technology and technology trends.
o Experience across a variety of architectures, technologies and approaches beyond Cloud
o Excellent understanding of PaaS (ideally Azure), SaaS and IaaS; Cloud native design how this technology can be best utilized to increase team velocity and reduce cost of ownership using cloud first approach.
o Excellent knowledge of integration patterns (API, pub/sub, ETL) and the design/build of them using enterprise integration platforms (MuleSoft, Kafka, Azure Integration Services)
o Understanding of Event driven microservice architectures; benefits, patterns, pitfalls and operational considerations
o Experience with container technology (Docker / K8 / Azure AKS), sidecar patterns
o Experience with serverless compute
o Experience with Hybrid cloud implementations
o Experience with DevOps practices
o Experience with highly secure and highly available architecture
o Analytics development experience with R, Python is nice to have but not mandatory
• Experience in the financial industry is a major bonus; alternately the candidate will need to demonstrate outstanding ability to learn Financial Services business.
• Knowledge of the Data Management and Reporting techniques
• Knowledge and experience in designing and implementing mobile solutions
• Good written and verbal communications skills
• Good stakeholder management and influencing skills at project stakeholder level
Required Technical skills:
• Strong Java, .Net, C, C++, Python
• Strong PHP, Python, Ruby
• Strong SQL Server, Oracle
• Strong JSON/XML
• Strong Web services, SOAP, RESTful, SOA
• Stong Object Oriented Programming
• Good Unit Testing, Continuous Integration & Test Driven Development
• Team Oriented, client facing skills, able to collaborate with multiple teams.
• SME: Application architecture
• SME: Information & Data architecture
• Proficiency in Software System Design
• Proficiency in Infrastructure architecture
• Proficiency in Information Security architecture & data privacy
• SME : Integration architecture
Bachelor Degree in CS or related field required
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $152,000-$180,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.