CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Software Development Engineer in Test (C# or .NET) in Wausau, Wisconsin
Software Development Engineer in Test (C# or .NET)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Software Development Engineer in Test (C# or .NET)
City: Wausau, Wisconsin, US United States
Position ID: J0321-1325
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (C# or .NET) you will be working closely with end users, developers, product managers, and other stakeholders in an agile environment.
In addition to defining, documenting and executing the testing of .NET based web applications you will be involved in sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, development and product deployment.
The successful candidate for this position would be comfortable in an agile development environment contributing to both manual and automated test case creation and execution of .NET based applications, services, web applications database objects, and data integrity. The ability to understand and test systems integration is a must.
This career opportunity will be utilizing the following tools/technologies: SQL Server, web APIs, programming test automation, and test case management software.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in all phases of Agile Scrum methodology with the team providing input into Analysis, design, development, estimation, planning, and retrospectives
• Collaborate with developers to understand how development changes affect ongoing testing efforts and develop a unified test approach
• Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
• Design and development of automation framework for web services, API’s, UI, and database.
• Design, research and implement various tools for more efficient testing
• Collaborate with other QA members to develop best practices for software quality assurance
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Strong understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies
• Quick learner with a passion for testing and becoming a domain expert
• 2+ years of experience in software quality and test automation development
• Strong coding skills with experience in C# or .NET
• Experience with UI Automation using Selenium
• Strong SQL and database debugging skills
• Some experience with SSIS/SSRS
• Experience working with Jira
• Experience working within a CI/CD DevOps environment
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.