CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Software Development Engineer in Test (API) in Wausau, Wisconsin
Software Development Engineer in Test (API)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Software Development Engineer in Test (API)
City: Wausau, Wisconsin, US United States
Position ID: J0521-1756
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is seeking a SDET to join our team!
You will be responsible for testing custom applications following industry best practices. Expected to test custom application solutions by working closely with Business Analyst, Developers, and business users throughout all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
Work both collaboratively and independently among a team of other application developers in the areas of requirements gathering, learning industry and best practices, solution architecture and software development and testing methodology.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Gather and document requirements, create test plans, test cases
• Create test automation framework to verify, and test systems as required using Agile development practices
• Collaborate with users and other IT teams to test and deploy the solution
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ Years of experience with Business Analysis and documentation. Must be able to write clearly and concisely
• 5+ years of experience with C# and .NET
• 5+ years of experience with testing API’s and services by developing automated test suite
• 5+ years of experience with agile software development practices, i.e., Scrum, CI/CD
• 5+ years of testing experience with MS-SQL Server and related services and tools: SSRS, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer
• Experienced in creating test plans and running automated and manual test cases to ensure accuracy of data between legacy and new system.
• Utilize development tooling to track and automate software delivery through the SDLC: e.g., Jira, Confluence, Git, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy
• Proven ability to complete assigned work in timely and quality manner
• Effectively collaborate with peer groups (Support and DevOps teams) to move code to higher environments
• Effectively communicate with our Business Partners: end-users, user groups and product owners
• Document and keep system’s documentation up to date on Wiki
• Must have strong debugging, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Strong demonstrated ability to work directly with technical leads, developers, and business stakeholders
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience in testing data output in Excel and Power BI is a plus.
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $59K-$100K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Test Case / Script Development
Test Planning & Implementation
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.