CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Visa Support Specialist - $19.52/hour + Benefits and Career Growth! in Washington, District Of Columbia
Visa Support Specialist - $19.52/hour + Benefits and Career Growth!
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Visa Support Specialist - $19.52/hour + Benefits and Career Growth!
City: Washington, District of Columbia, US United States
Position ID: J0721-3148
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is looking for outgoing, experienced Visa Support Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidates should possess excellent communication skills, have experience in customer service, and be able to work as a team in a fast paced environment. This position processes highly sensitive and confidential information. Experience with contracts and processing is preferred.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US Citizenship is required. The selected candidate must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 45lbs. This position may require long hours of standing. As a result, the selected candidate will be expected to be able to stand and walk around the worksite for the entirety of their shift.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Data enter, look-up files
• Assist counter services when required
• Ensure appointment is scheduled and review visa application for completeness and supporting documentation prior to adjudication. Screen customer documents at check in and information desks provide the correct application, photo and fee information. Copy customer’s identification. Distribute Passports envelopes to the correct applicant.
• Perform Quality Control in verifying that application data matches visa processing data
• Answer inquiries from visa applicants
• Assist the Government Visa Supervisor with Congressional, Headquarters, and White House Inquiries
• Liaise in-person, via email, and phone with embassies, consulates, and other high-level foreign country personnel
• Drive to Embassies and other locations, as required, in order to conduct required job duties
• Assist in training lower other Visa Support in the essential job functions, helping to constantly improve the training process/procedure. Required to actively participate with teams for continuous quality improvement and production workflow
• Capable of doing repetitive functions such as lifting, sitting, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, and filing.
• Standing in the public waiting area of the agency, while assisting the internal and external customer and general public. You may be required to stand for a minimum of 6 hours, but not to exceed 12 hours in a given day based upon scheduling requirements.
• Ability to work as triage helper in managing the public in an orderly manner.
• Ability to move up to 45 lbs
• Ability to work in inclement weather conditions, as requested by our government customer.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• High School diploma (or) 2 years of experience as a Support Associate Level I or II (or) 2 years of experience performing customer service support functions, and;
• Quality Control experience in verifying that application data matches Passport processing data or similar QC experience, and;
• Four (4) years of general office experience, including;
• Three (3) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook, and;
• (Preferred) International Passport experience.
• Must meet all qualifications requirements of the Support Associate Level I
• Ability to effectively and politely interface with public
• Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service and data entry skills
• Must be able to work independently
• Ability to comprehend and communicate the requirements for a visa in a professional and courteous manner over the telephone
• Ability to learn and recall information about visa application procedures and the rules and regulations pertaining to visa requirements
Knowledge and understanding of the laws, rules and regulations pertaining to eligibility for and issuance of a U.S. Passport.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.