Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
Main location: United States, District of Columbia, Washington
Position ID: J1123-0179
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is looking for a technical Business Systems Engineering Lead interested in growing federal budget planning and formulation expertise as part of a Budget System Modernization team supporting program-level initiatives at the national and global level. The Business Systems Engineering Lead will join a team that interacts with end-users and key personnel from Systems, Business, and Budgetary organizations on a daily basis to refine business needs and priorities, coordinate and execute technical tasks, and implement release and configuration changes. The Business Systems Engineering Lead will have the opportunity to learn and develop federal and global budget planning skills as they work across multiple projects in support of the federal customer.
As a leader of a robust cross-functional team the Business Systems Engineering Lead will often be required to work collaboratively in an agile setting, as well as independently on tasks assigned to them. Federal systems experience, strong analytical and problem solving skills, and exceptional communication skills are highly desired. The Business Systems Engineering Lead will be required to produce high-quality analysis and documentation to convey task status, resolution and/or recommend changes while also applying hand-on technical expertise. Candidate must have strong verbal communication skills to coordinate the development and execution of all tasks related to the implementation of new software, including but not limited to technical configuration, break-fix, and software releases. The position may be located in Washington, DC or Arlington, VA and hours are typically 0800-1700 EST.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead a team of system engineers in providing system administration support
• Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities with the ability to support multiple work streams coordinating technical delivery across staff members
• Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
• Prepare and actively participate in internal and external workgroup meetings, project team meetings, and client requirements sessions to understand business needs while striving to improve and innovate existing processes
• Operate cross-functionally as a technical team lead to test changes and releases as well as ensure smooth development and delivery of software
• Research and devise solutions to system and/or business issues, to include addressing data, configuration, and application issues in coordination with functional teams
• Construct well-written solution communications that are concise and accurate for delivery to the client
• Test and optimize application performance through recommending design updates and/or tuning at the application or platform level
• Demonstrate a strong foundation in Windows and Linux, n-tier applications, relational databases, and applications security practices
• Demonstrate solid understanding of Cloud technologies to facilitate testing/training efforts (AWS/Azure)
• Communicate effectively across management levels and functional teams
• Deliver briefings to customers, from the technical level to senior leadership
• Function as a leader for project modernization efforts and application roadmaps
• Provide technical guidance to a cross-functional, agile team
• Analyze/troubleshoot/resolve complex production application defects
• Serve as a trusted advisor to clients regarding complex technical issues or business strategy
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
An interim Secret Clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret Clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Finance, Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, or STEM related discipline.
• Significant experience technically administering multi-tier applications in production environments
• Demonstrate positive interpersonal and leadership skills (collaborative, personable, team oriented) to drive results within the team and build strong relationships with clients
• Strong understanding of configuration management, source management, testing, data management and migration, and federal security standards and practices
• Ability to effectively translate technical details across functional areas and to tailor responses to the audience
• Experience working with RDBMS systems including development of SQL DDL and DML scripts
• Be detail oriented, flexible, proactive, and have ability to multi-task to quickly adapt to changing client priorities and respond to ad hoc requests
• Demonstrate understanding of programming, scripting, and scheduling practices, including experience implementing DevOps automations
• Demonstrate general knowledge of enterprise application integration
• Demonstrate strong experience guiding technical teams to successful, on-time delivery
• Able to calmly respond to crises (mitigate, resolve, prioritize, or escalate as needed)
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required:
• Experience working in an Agile framework and tools
• Knowledge of the CGI Momentum Suite and JIRA is preferred
• Experience with Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Weblogic, Apache JBoss, Performance and Load Testing
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $85,000 - $120,000.”
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.