CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position ID: J0419-1301
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is expanding a software development and reporting team to respond to a large federal agency’s growing requirements around data transparency, resource management and financial reporting. The development team is part of an Infrastructure workgroup of combined government/contractor teams with a broad range of IT activities, including software development, designs, configuration, performance testing, tuning, and training. The DC work location is in the growing NOMA district, featuring bicycle lanes, food trucks and extremely close to Metro. Applicants should have a solid understanding and demonstrated experience in software development best practices, processes and procedures, and SQL.
WebFOCUS and/or Teradata experience preferred, but accepting Java, C#, .NET, Python experience, as well as dashboard, analytics or reporting tool experience, such as BIRT
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Build and manage reporting templates and dashboards.
• Evaluate existing templates for improving visualization and report viewing experience.
• Maintain existing, and develop new programs using WebFOCUS and other software tools
• Establish and promote report development uniformity.
• Develop / tune SQL queries
• Identify missing elements for BI reporting and help address reporting gaps.
• Work with designers and architects to effectively grow the development frameworks to support the overall Infrastructure team mission of meeting requirements and maintaining user performance metrics while operating in a secure and stable environment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's degree and 2-5 years of experience, or Masters and 3 years of experience in the IT industry
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working with SQL and Relational Databases such as DB2, Oracle, and SQL Server. Teradata experience a plus
• Language-independent and environment-independent programming skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
• Experience with WebFOCUS, Java, BIRT and other dashboard and development tools
• Prior experience supporting BI tool migration efforts
• Ability to quickly understand government specific architectures, existing and proposed, and provide/propose solutions for technical problems
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills along with the ability to effectively interface with the team,stakeholders, and developers
• Self-starter, highly motivated individual, and a team player who adapts to a dynamic work environment
• In depth understanding of Business Intelligence solutions (statistics, graphics, complex reporting)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.