CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Product Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
Sr. Product Manager
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Sr. Product Manager
Category: Project Management
City: Washington, District of Columbia, US United States
Position ID: J0521-2192
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for a Sr. Product Manager to join our financial services team in Washington, DC. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
The Capital Markets Sr. Product Manager role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
• Support development of the design strategy for new products.
• Implement the process for new products.
• Identify opportunities for product improvements.
• Manage the product lifecycle and ongoing maintenance.
• Ensure product strategy is in alignment with business objectives.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Establishes product vision and strategy for high complexity products and/or multiple products. This includes product vision, benefits, capabilities, value metrics, competitive landscape, current state landscape.
• Partners with Business and Enterprise Architecture on definition of target architecture for product and ensures alignment while executing product roadmap. Drives discovery of product capabilities
• Continually educates product team members on business process and customer value of product capabilities.
• Manages product roadmap dependencies across products
• Partners with SIM on insights gathering strategies, customer research and testing strategies, design thinking strategies, and marketing strategies. Communicates product release roadmaps and pilots to SIM.
• May be responsible for product resource level financial plan and oversight. Establishes and manages product roadmaps. Establishes and gains executive approval for product business cases and manages business cases thereafter. Leads first time and annual funding approval process for products
• Leads multiple product owners and product analysts. Multiple products or single highly complex product with multiple capabilities
• Relationship Management: Works with key stakeholders to define product roadmap, high level prioritization, product value metrics. Leads stakeholder collaboration to make execution trade-off decisions (e.g., achievement of target architecture vs. business value vs. infrastructure complexity). Leads continuous stakeholder engagement for the product team to understand needs, define epics and features, and gain feedback on design and working software.
• Business Insight: Establishes target product value metrics and tracks them throughout the lifecycle of the product. Communicates product vision, capabilities and value to various audiences. Reports on product metrics, roadmap, and financials to tribe leads and governing bodies.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
• Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
• Experience identifying and selecting strategic options, and identifying resources to meet the defined objectives
• Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
• Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to ensure successful project completion
• Product Management including managing demand, releases, and backlog
• Skilled in the graphical representation of information in the form of a charts, diagrams, pictures, and dashboards with programs and tools such as Excel, Tableau, or Power BI
• Business Insight including advising, designing business models, interpreting customer and market insights, forecasting, benchmarking, etc.
• Experience helping an organization to plan and manage change in effort to meet strategic objectives
• Communication including communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
• Product Development including designing products, developing product roadmaps, translating design requirements, prototyping, etc.
• Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
• Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
• Programming including coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages
• Relationship Management including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
• Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs, outputs, and process Tools* Skilled in one or more Enterprise Architecture Platforms (e.g. ARIS, HOPEX, Avolution, BiZZdesign, ORBUS)
• Skilled in maintaining the integrity of Architecture Repository Metamodel
• Skilled in BI Tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI) • Skilled in SQL
• Skilled in object-oriented programming languages
• Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) service offerings
• Skilled in ServiceNow to manage digital workflows
• Experience using JIRA, Confluence • Skilled in Visio, Excel, PowerPoint
• Experience using Project
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Agile / Collaborative Method
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.