CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Financial Management Consultant in Washington, District Of Columbia
Sr. Financial Management Consultant
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Sr. Financial Management Consultant
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position ID: J1120-1114
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI is seeking a senior financial management/accounting resource to support financial analysis and financial management activities at a Government Agency. Candidate will join a team of financial management and accounting specialists that provide financial analysis and management support for a large federal agency. Candidate will be responsible for providing quality and timely financial analysis and reporting, supporting financial management transaction processing, monitor/tracking budget allocations, and supporting the preparation of written accounting and financial standard operating procedures.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The individual will be involved in a variety of financial management, audit, and financial reporting tasks to meet the client objectives. This may include:
• Process agency invoices and reconcile payments for government agency.
• Track and monitor budget allocations, creating reimbursement agreements, and posting obligations.
• Provide financial analysis, projections, and data presentations in support of required budget exhibits and the audited, annual financial statements.
• Provide expertise necessary to access agency and other federal government financial information systems for accounting, billing, and investment support purposes.
• Prepare and maintain a set of written accounting and financial standard operating procedures.
• Review financial and accounting data to ensure compliance, support the annual audit and, prepare supporting documentation in federal ERP system and create ad-hoc reports as required.
• Assist in the preparation of financial and operational analyses to assist federal agency in the management of financial reports.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Strong familiarity with the organizations, roles, and systems involved in the federal financial management, budget management, audit, and reporting processes.
• Significant experience in financial analysis, financial management, and financial reporting support at a large federal agency.
• Significant experience using federal ERP systems (CGI Momentum strongly preferred).
• Comfortable presenting to senior leadership.
• Significant experience and comfort facilitating meetings, working sessions, and group presentations.
• Strong analytic thinking skills.
• Strong writing skills and prior experience developing agendas, minutes, presentations, and briefing materials
Related certifications such as CPA, CGFM, CICA
• Prior experience with Momentum
• Knowledge of SQL
• Security Clearance
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.