CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Financial Audit Consultant in Washington, District Of Columbia
Sr. Financial Audit Consultant
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Sr. Financial Audit Consultant
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position ID: J1120-1120
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI is seeking a senior financial management/accounting resource to support internal audit, financial statement audit, and financial statement preparation activities at a Government Agency. Candidate will join a team of financial management and accounting specialists that provide audit, accounting, and financial statements/reporting support for a large federal agency. Candidate will be responsible for providing quality and timely financial reporting, supporting internal and financial statements audit services, enhancing internal controls, and supporting the preparation of financial statements in compliance with federal accounting standards, OMB bulletins, Department policy, and other applicable guidance.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The individual will be involved in a variety of financial management, audit, and financial reporting tasks to meet the client objectives. This may include:
• Planning, preparing and analyzing risk assessments; documenting corrective action plans.
• Assisting in the development of data quality test plans; planning and executing data quality reviews with key government stakeholders; analyzing data quality results; preparing summaries with recommendations.
• Documenting or updating key business process narratives.
• Support federal agency in utilizing the federal ERP and asset management systems in support of audit and financial reporting.
• Facilitate working sessions with key stakeholders to discuss risk assessments, corrective action plans, data quality results/analysis and other related discussions.
• Develop data analytics tools; prepare ad hoc queries and reports for agency management/leadership team; maintain agency dashboards.
• Assist in financial statement audit preparation to include reviews of federal ERP and asset management system entries and supporting documents, records, and files as well as providing information and explanations to the financial statements and external auditors.
• Provide support in preparing, negotiating, and completing the Prepared by Client (PBC) list of requirements.
• Examine documentation and transactions for audit samples; review and validate data to identify inconsistencies or differences and propose corrective action.
• Provide financial statement preparation support for the annual financial statement audit and for quarterly and year-end reporting.
• Prepare and review PBC items for submission to auditors.
• Review related NFRs and make recommendations for management review.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Strong familiarity with the organizations, roles, and systems involved in the federal financial management, audit (internal and financial statements), and financial statements preparation and reporting processes.
• Significant experience in audit (internal and financial statements), financial management, and financial statements preparation support at a large federal agency.
• Comfortable presenting to senior leadership.
• Significant experience and comfort facilitating meetings, working sessions, and group presentations.
• Strong analytic thinking skills.
• Strong writing skills and prior experience developing agendas, minutes, presentations, and briefing materials.
Related certifications such as CPA, CGFM, CICA
• Prior experience with Momentum
• Knowledge of SQL
• Security Clearance
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.