CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Database Administrator in Washington, District Of Columbia
Sr. Database Administrator
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Sr. Database Administrator
Category: Database Administration
City: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position ID: J0620-1588
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a Sr. Database Administrator to deliver and grow in key account areas. The candidate selected for this position will have excellent leadership and management skills, and experience leading and developing project teams. The ideal candidate can think on their feet, proactively identify and address client challenges, and bring innovative ideas to their projects.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Understand Existing GSA telecom offerings such as WITS-3, CNXII, Networx, EIS. AWS
• Complex database design experience
• Experience verifying automation using Unix based scripts (e.g. shell, Perl) for data processing and data loading
• Experience verifying design and implementation of role-based security to meet requirements
• Experience with PostgreSQL 9 Tablespaces, Views, catalogs, event triggers, extensions, schemas, key bindings, authentication, Cluster configuration, transaction logs, PgAdmin tool, and master/slave replication
• Experience with ODBC/JDBC push and pull configuration.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012R2 using SqlSCM, Tables, Views, DB Diagrams, SoFS, Hyper-V Cluster, Jobs, repldata framework, Security, Server Objects, and master/slave replication. IBM Domino Server 7 using ACL, NSF, Views, NIF, Pages, Forms, Data Documents, and Clustered replication.
• Experience with MySQL using Tables, Views, Functions, Triggers, Events, Procedures, and master/slave replication. MSSQL, PSQL, SQL for development, infusion, JOINS, candidate keys, primary keys, alternate keys, foreign keys, Index, data set types, NULL properties, Functions, Stored Procedures, Packages, Hierarchical Queries, Materialized Views, Query Optimization, Query Optimization, Full Text Searching, Transactions, and Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs), Logical and Physical.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Understand Existing GSA telecom offerings such as WITS-3, CNXII, Networx, EIS.
• Proven ability to perform testing and analysis of databases including operations.
• Understanding of and ability to test database designs (including schemas, tables, views, triggers, stored procedures, etc.) and operational procedures.
• Understanding of complex problems including performance tuning, application design and debugging. Knowledge and experience with Ubuntu.
EDUCATION & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: Degree in engineering, technical, or scientific field with minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.