CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Cloud Business Architect in Washington, District Of Columbia
Sr. Cloud Business Architect
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Sr. Cloud Business Architect
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position ID: J0719-1205
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI has an immediate need for a Sr. Cloud Business Architect to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• Full-time opportunity to become a member of a stable, growing organization with over $8.5 billion+ in annual revenue
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
• We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and much more – and all CGI benefits begin on your first day of employment!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Senior Cloud Business Architect, develop current state, target state, and roadmap for business architecture in key areas with focus on Cloud migration. Drive and support enterprise-wide strategic efforts aimed at improving end-to-end processes. Provide support and leadership to inform and aid governance councils in evaluation of new project spending on cloud migration. Assess overall functioning of technology, business processes and data to look for ways to upgrade and optimize in the future.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years of progressive IT experience and 5+ years of business architect experience
• Must have experience working as a business architect in cloud migration and transformation initiatives
• Business Process Modeling and Business Process Tool experience
• Define core and support processes that transcend organizational and functional boundaries.
• Identify core common data shared across the enterprise and participate in enterprise wide efforts to reach common understanding of those data.
• Apply a structured and systematic approach to capture high-level views of the enterprise business model and processes in current state business architecture.
• Create optimized high-level views of enterprise business model and processes in target state business architecture. Align artifacts and approach with broader architecture vision.
• Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of business architecture and facilitate governance.
• Ability to work well with senior management
• Very good communication skills and ability to work well with multiple stakeholder teams
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field
Professional certification(s) desired
Post-graduate degree desired
Business Process Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.