CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Software Developer in Washington, District Of Columbia
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
City: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position ID: J1020-1630
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Our Regulatory Agency Programs’ (RAP) Treasury Account is looking a Sr. Software Developer to support a FCC program out of Washington DC. In addition to client work, you may support strategic planning, technology innovation, and business development, as needed. The account is looking for those interested in long term career growth and hopes to recruit the next generation of account leaders for the growing account.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable. Analyzes and studies complex system requirements. Designs software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation. Manages software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and CASE tools. Estimates software development costs and schedule. Reviews existing programs and assists in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques..
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Must have demonstrated IT experience in technology solution delivery, and all of the following:
• Experience in applying a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments
• Experience planning major technology assignments and recommending major changes affecting project growth and success
• Experience applying technical expertise across multiple project assignments
• Complete experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) support, coding application logic via various programming languages and Integrated Development Environments (IDE), and deploying applications via various Application Server platforms
• Experience handling multiple tasks, changing priorities, and timely action
• Experience with Agile methodologies and Agile project management
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required.
• Strong problem solving and resolution skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience using modern source control tools (e.g. SVN, Git, Team Foundation, etc.)
• Expereince with microservices development and deployment
• Expereince with OpenShift for cloud-native containerization and process automation
• Expereince with Jira, Confluence, and Sharepoint
• Expereince with development and CI/CD pipeline automation tools (Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crucible, and SonarQube)
• Expereince with MuleSoft Anypoint Platform
• Experience with Extreme Programming (XP) development methods
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 4
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Cyber Security Consulting
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.