CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Project/ Risk Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
Senior Project/ Risk Manager
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Project/ Risk Manager
Category: Project Management
City: Washington, District of Columbia, US United States
Position ID: J0621-0820
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
As a project manager, you will effectively serve as the deputy for an application modernization project at a federal regulatory agency. Here, you will work with project teams and drive project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling, and closure. You will manage multiple projects across different platforms; lead technical and strategic direction; and collaborate with a cross-discipline team of engineers, management, and customers to design innovative solutions for our clients. The role is a significant position that involves working with customers and other stakeholders by developing and implementing solutions in a complex, highly dynamic environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will help our clients by identifying, specifying and analyzing requirements and processes, managing progress throughout the design, test and implementation process. Your ability to create innovative solutions will contribute to the success of our projects and the satisfaction of our clients.
• Manage projects on schedule and on budget.
• Be responsible for all project oversight, including planning, directing and managing development resources and testing activities.
• Take initiative to coach, mentor, and orient co-workers and actively support team-based developments.
• Drive the on-time delivery of complete scope while actively managing change requests and setting customer expectations.
• Supervise staff with design, analysis, test planning, project work plans and estimates.
• Ensure all solutions are delivered in accordance with CGI standards and methodologies.
• Stay abreast of technical and industry developments.
• Provide the highest quality services possible to all external and internal clients.
• Assist with project estimation and System Requirements Specifications.
• Be responsible for client satisfaction.
• PMP Certification preferred.
• Experience with the federal energy market is a plus.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• The ability to work in the US indefinitely is required for this role (permanent residency or US Citizenship).
• BA or BS.
• 8+ years of experience in IT-related project management required.
• Demonstrated ability to perform all facets of the standard project management lifecycle, including project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling and closure required.
• Adept at actively managing scope, risk, and client communications.
• Project Management experience planning and monitoring analytics projects using Agile/Scrum principles.
• Ability to balance technical requirements with business needs.
• Strong interpersonal communications skills and excellent writing and presentation skills.
Risk Management / Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.