CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Passport Support Associate III- $19.52/hr. + Benefits and Career Growth! in Washington, District Of Columbia
Passport Support Associate III- $19.52/hr. + Benefits and Career Growth!
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Passport Support Associate III- $19.52/hr. + Benefits and Career Growth!
City: Washington, District of Columbia, US United States
Position ID: J1121-2966
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is looking for experienced Support Associates to support the Special Issuance Agency. The ideal candidates should possess excellent communication skills, have experience in working with customers in a front facing capacity, and have the ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Operate various equipment for high-speed scanning, mail out, and metering of mail.
• Prepare and mail envelopes with correct passport and corresponding supporting documents.
• Box and archive files for storage purposes.
• Interface with passport applicants at Agency/Center Information and Will-Call counters:
o At the Information Station, ensure appointment is scheduled;
o Review passport application, photograph, identification and supporting documentation for completeness prior to adjudication;
o Ensure the application and documents comply with Passport requirements, photograph meets Passport standards, and customer is provided fee information.
• Prior to distributing to applicants, print and review passport books for accuracy and quality.
• Process refund/reimbursement requests.
• Generate a credit card payment from the applicant and distribute completed batches to the Cashier’s Office. Verify all completed transactions and run designated reports.
• Assist with Acceptance Agent training: prepare training materials, conduct “meet-and- greets,” set-up training sessions, conduct office tours, etc.
• Assist CSM in maintaining and cataloging electronic records of passport acceptance facilities.
• Contact applicants to request necessary documents.
• Resolve undeliverable mail items by contacting the customer and appropriately documenting all actions taken in a SharePoint application.
• Per the guidance of DOS Passport Specialists, generate correspondence to resolve application discrepancies, including: Return to Sender (RTS), Rewrites and Re-issues, and re-batch into the system.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Four years of general office experience: follow a number of specific procedures in completing several clerical steps performed in a prescribed or slightly varied sequence, such as coding and filing documents in an extensive alphabetical file; simple posting to individual accounts; opening mail; running mail through metering machines; and calculating and posting charges to departmental accounts
• Three years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically Microsoft Office
• Capable of performing tasks while maintaining a high level of accuracy
• Ability to work in one place and traverse the office on a continuing basis
• Must maintain constant awareness of all aspects of internal and external security
• Ability to successfully complete the CGI Background Investigation to include: 50 State Criminal, Education and Employment checks; additionally, your ability to successfully complete a Credit and/or Driving Records check may be conducted if required by the contract for continued employment
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship and an ability to obtain an MRPT clearance is required.
• Selected candidates must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 45 lbs. This position may require long hours of standing, so candidates will be expected to stand and walk around the worksite for the entirety of their shift.
At CGI Federal we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are owners and empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI Federal’s benefits include:
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 10 Standard Holidays
• Health & Welfare Benefits as determined by your Service Contract Act
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.