CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Intelligence Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position ID: J0519-2346
Employment Type: Full Time
The Intelligence/Visa Analyst provides support to the Government staff and prepares letters, reports, and specialized correspondence.
The position requires someone with excellent case management and research skills and the ability to access top secret systems. Case processing includes reviewing, analyzing and researching information on classified and unclassified systems, drawing conclusions based on that information and articulating that information.
The incumbent must have strong verbal and written communication skills to provide accurate and appropriate descriptions of case statuses, processing procedures and visa eligibility under the Immigration and Nationality Act.
The incumbent must have strong customer service skills and be able to politely and appropriately interface with everyone, from high-ranking public officials to colleagues, in a timely and helpful manner.
The incumbent must be able to draft complex written memorandum that are comprehensive, accurate and will conform to all relevant format guidelines with minimal revisions necessary. Incumbent must be able within these memorandum to thoroughly and concisely summarize case information, formulate legal arguments, and apply appropriate INA legal grounds to the presented information.
The incumbent must also be able represent the office in meetings, workshops or conferences relating to his or her assigned portfolio and/or general visa processing as necessary.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Follow all relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs) as found in the VO/SAC intranet site and take direction from colleagues and superiors in order to accurately and promptly review and take action on cases in his or her assigned portfolio as well as portfolios of colleagues, when needed.
• Effectively and professionally respond to phone calls and electronic communications from colleagues, other USG agencies, Congressional offices, other DOS bureaus, and consular posts overseas.
• Draft and submit memos on appropriate cases. Written memos are comprehensive, accurate and conform to all relevant format guidelines.
• Locate and articulate FAM guidance, Department policies and case information in order to address inquiries or cases and address any issues relevant to the geographical or functional area of responsibility as appropriate.
• Articulate Department and Bureau of Consular Affairs priorities in meetings as well as in any briefing materials, talking points and other work products that he or she may be requested to draft, edit or clear on.
• Assist, if tasked, in formulating, running, or assisting in the management of special projects, case trackers, training, or other assignments relevant to either a specific portfolio.
• Arrange for proper disposal of sensitive information in accordance with Department guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Six (6) years of written and oral communication in an office environment, including
• Two (2) years of policy development, international relations, intelligence community, legal and/or foreign services
• Four (4) years utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS SharePoint, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
• Ability to effectively and politely interface with public
• (Preferred) Advance knowledge and understanding of the laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to eligibility for and issuance of a U.S. visa
• Ability to comprehend and communicate the requirements for a visa in a professional and courteous manner over the telephone
• Ability to learn and recall information about visa application procedures and the rules and regulations pertaining to visa requirements
• Good data entry skills, good filing and file retrieval skills, good organizational skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to interpret and apply regulatory material
• Ability to work independently and as a member of the team to effectively interact with personnel at all levels
• Successful completion of a company background investigation, including criminal, education, employment, credit and driving record checks.
• A TOP SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment, and thereafter a TOP SECRET security clearance must be maintained for the duration of employment
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.