CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Integrated Master Scheduler in Washington, District Of Columbia
Integrated Master Scheduler
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Integrated Master Scheduler
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Washington, District of Columbia, US United States
Position ID: J0621-0806
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Master/Project Scheduler. This opportunity will support a dynamic, fast-paced and energetic low-code/no-code implementation for a Federal government organization. We take an innovative and collaborative approach to supporting our client, working in an evolving Agile environment using emerging technologies. You will be interacting with a dynamic team of people, with opportunities to learn and grow as you help deliver the overall solution to our client.
You will serve as the Integrated Master Scheduler delivering capabilities and services for the overall multi-year implementation effort. The candidate will lead and assist with the creation and maintenance of integrated project schedules by collaborating with CGI, client and partner stakeholders and managers. As the client further adopts agile concepts/methodologies, this role will also evolve into a Release Train Engineer.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Hands-on and required to work closely with Program Manager, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and client partners.
• Read and understand the PWS and the strong ability to demonstrate its relationship to the master schedule for all development teams and on all development items.
• Develop an integrated project schedule with accurate schedule logic and durations by collaborating with PM and Team Leads from multiple vendors.
• Review schedule activities, status and results with PM, Scrum Master, and others as required.
• Produce weekly and bi-weekly schedule analysis for leadership and team consumption.
• Implement baseline changes into the integrated project schedule by collaborating with applicable stakeholders.
• Apply recognized industry best scheduling practices to develop and maintain program schedules.
• Produce product/deliverable based WBS and WBS Dictionary per project PWS and agency specific guidelines.
• Identify, develop and implement processes improving scheduling and coordination efforts.
• Support the client in transitioning from traditional IMS tasks and reporting to an RTE approach
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• The ability to work in the US indefinitely is required for this role (permanent residency or US Citizenship).
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 8+ years of experience creating and managing resource loaded schedules, Gantt charts and dependencies.
• Knowledge and experience in schedule quality analysis.
• Strong working knowledge on resource loaded schedules and their implications within MS Project.
• Know-how to perform critical path analysis of schedules within MS Project or other tools.
• Ability to develop fully networked schedules using predecessors and successors along with effective activity duration affording discreet progress measurement.
• Outstanding reporting skills, e.g. graphical presentation, advanced Microsoft Excel skills (charts, pivot tables).
• Expert MS Project skills (knowledge of macros), PowerPoint and Excel.
• Working knowledge of MS Project Server/Project Web Access and JIRA.
• Scheduling experience with a strong project management background understanding project management processes.
• Experience working on integrating SDLC review gates into an IMS supporting project lifecycle implementation teams.
• Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Attention to detail coupled with effective analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
• Ability to establish working relations at all organizational levels and demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with Government officials and program office stakeholders.
• Self-motivator with ability to work as part of a team or independently with little supervision or direction.
• Ability to balance and prioritize many diverse tasks at once; high level of workplace flexibility.
• Experience in establishing new processes.
• Ability to create custom views in MS Project, and an understanding of the relationships among WBS/IMS/PWS/CLIN in Federal contracting.
• Experience with project scheduling in an Agile environment is desired.
Agile & DevOps
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.