CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Help Desk Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
Help Desk Manager
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Help Desk Manager
Category: Project Management
City: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position ID: J0819-0916
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is looking for a Help Desk Manager to support the Executive Office of United States Attorney’s. The manager will be responsible for overseeing a Tier 1 help desk of 5-8 people with high visibility at the client site, providing metrics on performance and service level agreements, and constantly evaluating how to improve the help desk and customer satisfaction. The help desk primarily supports incoming emails and opening request and issue tickets related to CGI’s proprietary Momentum Financials software solution, the Unified Financial Management System (UFMS). The right candidate will mentor the team and work with the client to prioritize issues, helping to juggle a variety of projects and assignments such as drafting blog posts and drafting “how to” guides to address frequently asked questions.
Help Desk operation hours are 8am-5pm Monday through Friday onsite in Washington, DC. The DC work location is in the growing NOMA district, featuring bicycle lanes, food trucks and extremely close to Metro. The EOUSA Help Desk is part of a large CGI team providing support to DOJ throughout the DC metro area.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Establish, manage and maintain service desk operations according to best practices and standard operating procedures, including incident, request, knowledge management, and outage escalation;
• Assist in the development and maintenance of formal procedures for consistency and increased productivity;
• Implement methodologies to manage customer perceptions and build strong internal relationships.
• Responsible for assisting in the development of a customer care philosophy that ensures customer satisfaction;
• Establish/maintain metrics required to measure and determine operational readiness of the help desk and analyze help desk performance;
• Act as escalation point for all help desk related issues;
• Maintain relationships with other teams at the client site;
• Provide status reports, as required, detailing the Help Desk to include performance and effectiveness measurements as required.
• Redirect problems to appropriate resources, 2nd/3rd level support
• Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
• Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
• Stay current with system information, changes and updates
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelors Degree in related field or commensurate experience
• Excellent customer facing skills, at all levels
• 3 years of Service Delivery or Help Desk Manager experience, including managing small team
• 5 years ERP experience (Momentum or other government ERP a plus)
• Experience with various help desk tools, and industry measures
• Recent experience in bringing up a new functional help desk and mentoring a team
• Excellent data analysis and written, and verbal communication skills
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.