CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Cloud Architect - TS clearance required in Washington, District Of Columbia
Cloud Architect - TS clearance required
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Cloud Architect - TS clearance required
City: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position ID: J0719-1990
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
As more and more organizations are looking to migrate their workloads to cloud environments to take advantage of cost savings and reduce their overall physical computing asset inventories, there are many opportunities to design and build out cloud-enabled and cloud-native environments for our customers’ mission critical applications. This position requires understanding of technical architecture design, including appreciation for translating customer requirements into scalable, highly available systems operating in the AWS cloud. Candidates should have experience migrating one or more applications to the AWS cloud, and be able to provide insight into the types of decisions that need to be made when migrating to the cloud.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Gain an understanding of the existing technical environments and workloads that are targeted to migrate to the cloud, taking note of any potential gaps or risks
• Perform Analyses of Alternatives for selection of new tools to replace toolsets that are not supported in the cloud, not optimized for the cloud, or do not take advantage of newer leading edge technology available in the cloud
• Work with the team to build out prototypes of application environments in the cloud as a proof of concept, while building insight into what works and what doesn’t work as well. Make recommendations on how to achieve additional cost savings taking advantage of cloud-enabled technologies.
• Perform testing of cloud-based infrastructure, to include performance testing, high availability testing, disaster recovery testing, etc.
• Stand up software development lifecycle tools, such as source control, issue management, knowledge base, service desk support, etc.
• Support the build-out of development, QA, and production environments within the cloud
• Work closely with the development team to establish build environments which take advantage of continuous integration, continuous deployment, etc. to reduce the overall time for code to be deployed to production
• Lead technical discussions, work collaboratively with others, and communicate effectively with customers and team members
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Position requires a Top Secret Security clearance.
o 6 or more years of information systems experience required, with a preference 5+ years of enterprise, full-cycle architecture
o Hands-on experience designing and/or implementing cloud-based and/or cloud-native solutions in production workloads
o Experience using Amazon Web Services, including using AWS native services (Cloud Formation, S3, etc.)
o Experience working in a DevOps environment with teams
o Understanding of Agile, DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) is strongly desired
o Ability to develop and contribute in an IaC environment while working seamlessly in a distributed team via collaboration tools
o Must own ability to learn fast, adapt to new technology
o Knowledge of deployment of application servers, database management systems, integration platforms is desired.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.