CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. BI Developer - Top Secret Clearance required in Washington, District Of Columbia
BI Developer - Top Secret Clearance required
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
BI Developer - Top Secret Clearance required
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Washington, District of Columbia, US United States
Position ID: J0921-2792
Employment Type: Full Time
Looking for a BI Developer with experience managing full life cycle development of business intelligence solutions. The resource will provide technical leadership, guidance, and support in implementing strategic technology approaches and designing systems’ architecture.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Collaborate with business and technical resources to understand functional requirements and translate into technical specifications. Work with testing teams to deliver quality BI solutions.
• Design, develop, manage and update logical and physical data models for the BI data marts.
• Create BI content – semantic models, reports, dashboards and visualizations.
• Follow market trends for COTS and open source tools. Provide architectural expertise and thought leadership for tools’ evaluation and recommendation.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Top Secret Clearance Required
• Proven development experience in various BI platforms including SAP Business Objects, webFOCUS, Tableau and Power BI. Additional BI platforms a plus.
• Deep understanding of the tools’ underlying architecture.
• Ability to add customizations if required and integrate with other applications.
• Design content – reports, dashboards and semantic layers.
• Experience in writing and understanding SQL and other 4th generation coding languages. Deep understanding of dimensional modelling concepts.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot BI environment related issues.
• Proven ability to design BI solutions to reports against large volumes of data and experience tuning reports and queries.
• Proven experience reporting against industry standard database platforms including Microsoft SQL server, Oracle, Teradata etc.
• Ability to manage critical BI systems and work under pressure
• Excellent skills in Written and Verbal Communication
• Collaborative conflict resolution experience
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
• Industry certifications desired
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors
- Business Intel/Dashboard Rept
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.