CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Assistant Production Manager- US Passport Agency (DC) in Washington, District Of Columbia
Assistant Production Manager- US Passport Agency (DC)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Assistant Production Manager- US Passport Agency (DC)
Category: Project Management
City: Washington, District of Columbia, US United States
Position ID: J0621-0980
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Under the direction of the Contract Processing Supervisor, Passport Agency Director or designate, lead a team involved in all phases of passport processing, customer service and PRISM functions. Includes planning, directing and coordination of the daily activities of mail open, cashier, image capture, image review, data entry, bookprint, quality control, customer service functions such as searches, re-writes, re-issues, re-mails and all PRISM functions. If requested by government management, assure that a sufficient inventory of passports and other supplies are on hand to meet current and anticipated demand. Responsible for resolving administrative, personnel, and operating problems associated with management of employees in their job in order to assure timely issuance of passports.
Due to the nature of the government contact requirements and/or clearance requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Assistant Passport Support Manager is responsible for excellent and compliant contract performance at the location assigned. This person will be responsible for the quality of deliverables and ensuring that performance requirements are upheld during contract performance. The Assistant Passport Support Manager shall liaise with DOS staff and have full authority to act on behalf of the Contractor within the scope of operations at the location, including personnel management and hire/fire authority. Anticipated tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversee all operations at the assigned location and ensure excellent performance that meets all requirements and standards
• Responsible for Daily Reporting (see RFP Section F.6. Deliverables) and with input from the Government Management staff, the Passport Support Manager assigns Contractor personnel to specific work areas in order to accommodate fluctuating workloads
• Ensures that each Contractor employee signs an acknowledgement of the Passport Internal Controls and a Standards of Conduct within 1-day after employment and ensures Contractors adhere to internal controls, the Privacy Act, and personally identifiable information (PII) standards
• Hire and manage a technically proficient and professionally capable staff throughout the life of the contract
• Provide timely deliverables and performance related data to the Government in order to allow adequate monitoring, oversight, and performance measurement of support services
• Conduct continuous improvement activities to realize improved service delivery capabilities and performance
• Promote innovation, efficiency, and effectiveness
• Resolve problems with minimal disruption to the activities being performed under the contract.
• Respond rapidly to additional operational requirements requests and provide the appropriate levels of qualified staff
• Participate in conference calls and digital video conferences with DOS and other U.S. Government agencies
• May be requested to provide formal and informal briefings to visitors or at off-site conferences
• Support USG in ongoing studies and evaluations
• Ensure satisfactory conformance with contract provisions and performance metrics
• When assigned to a smaller Agency, the Assistant Passport Support Manager will be required to perform cashier closeout duties. Closeout duties such as: verify that the fee matches the type of application submitted, deposit the moneys into a bank designated by DOS, enter deposits into banking system (i.e. OTCNet), perform counter balance verifications with the counter management, close-out and reset cash registers daily
• Capable of doing repetitive functions such as lifting, sitting, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, and filing.
• Standing in the public waiting area of the agency, while assisting the internal and external customer and general public. You may be required to stand for a minimum of 6 hours, but not to exceed 12 hours in a given day based upon scheduling requirements.
• Ability to work as triage helper in managing the public in an orderly manner.
• Ability to move up to 45 lbs
• Ability to work in inclement weather conditions, as requested by our government customer.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Ability to prepare management, business, technical, and personnel reports, reviews and documents for internal and external use.
• Knowledge and expertise in personnel management.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Advanced understanding of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
• Ability to prioritize workload for large teams and possess excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to interpret and apply regulatory material.
• Capable of performing duties of any Sectional Leader.
• Must be bonded if performing cashier closeout functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree, and;
• Six (6) years of progressive management experience in a production or office environment (i.e. manufacturing, distribution, high volume call centers), including;
• Three (3) years managing a team the size and scope of the Passport Center or Agency assigned (70+ employees), including;
• Three (3) years managing seasonal/temporary work force, including;
• Three (3) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.