Angular Developer - TS Clearance Required
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, District of Columbia, Washington
Position ID: J0823-1842
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a driven, high achieving Angular Developer to join a fast paced federal IT program supporting a law enforcement agency. As an Angular Developer, you will play a vital role in the development and maintenance of a mission critical web application. The candidate must have a keen understanding of Angular frameworks and are proficient in crafting interfaces for a positive and cohesive user experience. The primary focus of the selected candidate would be on developing user interface components, implementing and executing using Angular frameworks. Candidate will ensure that these components and the overall application leverage industry best practices. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality products are important. This position demands a well-organized, action-oriented team player with exceptional time management and communication skills.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the stakeholders, the users, the build team and other development partners to implement state-of-the-art user experiences.
• Engage with architects/product team to comprehend functional challenges, prototype new ideas, and new technologies, and help to create innovative UX solutions.
• Design and architect a modern highly responsive web-based user interface for Microservices based web application.
• Leverage the latest tools and techniques of web UI/UX Development spectrum.
• Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
• Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
• Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
• Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
• Mentor UI developers, which may include performing code reviews.
• Suggest tools, technologies, and best practices that improve stability
• Coordinate with back-end developers in the process of building the RESTful API
• Empower UI teams in following best coding standards
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Top Secret Clearance
• Proficiency in Angular (2+)
• Skills in one or more frameworks/libraries like jQuery or Bootstrap.
• Strong expertise with HTML5, CSS5, and writing cross-browser compatible code.
• Experience with CSS precompilers like Sass and LESS.
• Experience in developing complex Angular applications, directives, controllers, services.
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
• Understanding of Java web application technology stack (core Java, spring core, Spring MVC, Hibernate, REST).
• Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git/GitHub.
• Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to take charge or play a supporting role.
• Clear written and verbal communications skills.
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
• Experience writing Section 508 compliant code is a plus.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $106,300- $204,600.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.