CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. IT Business and Systems Analyst in Washingrton DC, District Of Columbia
Sr. IT Business and Systems Analyst
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Washingrton DC, District of Columbia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
We are currently seeking Senior IT Business and Systems Analyst to join our CGI Federal team in Washington, D.C. supporting the DOJ. This position requires a fully adjudicated and current TOP SECRET clearance and be able to pass a CI POLYGRAPH examination and obtain Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI).
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Regularly assess technical systems and monitor systems development efforts to assess risks, ensure alignment with current cloud and other technology trends, and identify and recommend areas for improvement, cost savings, consolidation, and retirement/replacement for the Government
• Advise the Government on emerging vulnerabilities and corrective measures relevant to the Branch equities, emerging technology, and enterprise systems, networks, and databases
• Meet Government stakeholders and serve as an interface for the collection, tracking, and management of operational user requirements for multiple IT capabilities and systems
• Analyze technical and functional systems documentation to identify key points and discover potential problems
• Draft business and functional documentation such as mission needs, concepts of operation, cost benefit analyses, impact assessments, and workflow diagrams
• Lead support for the planning and/or implementation of IT projects and ensures the on-time completion of tasks
• Assist in strategic planning efforts for IT programs
• Prepare reports, briefing materials, talking points, and other documents, often on short notice, for the Executive Staff regarding IT issues
• Use expert written, oral, and presentation skills to provide updates to executive management regarding current IT projects and initiatives
• Analyze business and management issues, providing recommendations and specialized subject matter expertise
• Represent the Branch at meetings clearly documenting proceedings and follow-up actions
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• B.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or IT-related degree.
• Minimum 10 years of experience working within the defense, intelligence, or law enforcement communities.
• Experience analyzing data, written/verbal information, and processes to assess risks and formulate recommendations which align with organizational goals.
• Experience leading or coordinating complex programs and/or multiple projects.
• Experience and a demonstrated knowledge of IT practices and principles including:
• IT Life-cycle management/IT Governance
• Systems development life-cycle
• Software development methodologies (e.g., agile, waterfall, etc.)
• Requirements elicitation and management
• Experience translating and communicating complex subject matter between technical and non-technical audiences.
• A keen attention to detail.
• Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, and SharePoint.
• Excellent writing, oral communication, and presentation skills.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.