CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. DevOps Engineer in United States
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
City: Nationwide, United States
Position ID: J0319-1841
Employment Type: Full Time
Sr. DevOps Engineer to help modernize the integration and delivery systems for strategic and innovative government clients. Our client’s mission is to “serve, aid, and protect the citizens on California.” This role requires a highly self-motivated individual capable of working independently in a rapidly evolving technical environment. The ideal candidate will be someone with a hybrid developer/system administration background.
Our client’s digital transformation will require close collaboration with agile teams, client product owners, and third parties. These initiatives will have a lasting positive impact, enhancing the citizen experience and managing costs. You will be challenged to integrate several complex components using both modern and legacy technologies. You will collaborate with skilled colleagues to help in the development of this solution.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Drive meaningful and beneficial change in the operations environment.
• Work with the cloud operations and devops teams to stabilize and refactor existing CI/CD pipelines.
• Partner with the cloud operations and devops teams to define CI/CD best practices and guide the deployment with a practical set of pipelines.
• Help the team mature our automated deployment strategies.
• Evangelize the principle of infrastructure as code.
• Guide the development teams in the use of the pipelines.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years in an Engineering role
• BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with Jenkins, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
• Experience building CI/CD pipelines
• Experience supporting frequent incremental code testing and deployment
• Comfort with collaboration, open communication, and reaching across functional borders
• Ability to learn and understand new toolsets and products quickly
• A strong focus on business outcomes
• Experience with (Pivotal) Cloud Foundry on Azure and AWS
• Skilled with Azure/AWS hybrid cloud scripting and automation tools for a commercial or government client
• Experience supporting and using Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo, Docker or equivalents
• Data management experience
• Experience with cloud based prototyping and evaluation
• Process improvement experience in an enterprise environment
• Legacy technology management experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.