Advantage ERP Technical Consultant
Main location: United States, US
Position ID: J0923-0609
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - What we do matters
Want to build new possibilities? We're doing that
The ERP Technical Consultant is responsible for all aspects of integration between systems, including crafting, developing, and testing integrations between a core ERP system and various external systems. This individual will have experience facilitating requirements capturing sessions, extracting, redefining, and loading relevant data between internal applications and external systems. The Technical Consultant will need to balance numerous tasks simultaneously and be able to connect with customers and report risk and status to team lead or manager!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
How you'll make an impact
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with interface or conversion development. Essential skills include:
• Ability to execute data conversions, perform interface development, and/or form migration, and configure application security and workflow
• 3+ years of project experience with system development lifecycle activities such as requirements gathering, development, and testing; experience with Agile methodologies a plus
• Actian Data Integrator, Pentaho or other integration software experience
• Troubleshoot application and implementation problems and perform issue resolution
• Team-oriented focus, knowledge sharing, professional in all situations (including high stress)
• Ability to work in non-conventional environment with virtual team spanning time zones across the country and in India
• 2+ years of experience with SQL and DBMS (Oracle, SQL Server)
• 2+ years of experience with data analysis tools
• Familiarity with Unix environments (RHEL, AIX), Windows Server environments, and with scripting languages (Python, Powershell, bsh, ksh)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills in a complex multi-tiered integrated environment with the ability to understand the inter-relationship between the various components
• Must have the ability to pick up new concepts and ideas quickly using all available resources
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to explain technical concepts in layman’s terms when necessary
• Must be self-motivated and able to effectively juggle multiple, often competing, priorities and clients. Solid tracking and prioritization skills a must
• Ability to Travel to client site as needed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What you'll bring
NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS DESIRED:
• Understanding of state and local government functions
• Experience with CGI Advantage or other ERP software
• Experience with state and local government clients
• Familiarity with SharePoint or similar collaboration tools
• Microsoft Office – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint – or Equivalent
• Experience using Jira for issue tracking
• Experience with Actian, Pentaho, or other similar ELT software
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
*CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $59,700 -$139,300.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
Competitive base salaries
Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Database Mgmt Systems DBMS
Database Mgmt Systems DBMS
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.