CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. .NET Developer in Topeka, Kansas
Find similar career opportunities
City: Topeka, Kansas, United States
Position ID: J0419-1427
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Working as a Software Developer, you will research, design, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. Software Developers will also be involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. This person will evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system along with document testing and maintenance of system corrections.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Software Developer will perform multi-disciplinary technical tasks that require object-oriented design skills and system design skills and will work closely with the development and QA teams to ensure that the solutions meet the business and non-functional requirements.
The Software Developer will:
• Trouble shoot issues with the implementation of the solution
• Assist in the final implementation and go-live activities planning
• Provide timely status to the team lead
• Help with the deployment of the developed work
• Test the application and develop enhancements that enable a positive end-user experience while working as part of a project team, communicating progress, technical issues and their resolution solutions
• Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
• Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
• Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
• Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
• Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
• Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
• Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes
• Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Software Development Life Cycle
Software Application Development
MS SQL Server
Public Sector Experience
Tax & Revenue Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or mathematics
• Experience with Visual Basic application development
• Experience with COBOL
• Experience with legacy mainframe applications
• Processional consulting experience
• Experience with Java
Tax & Revenue
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.