CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Configuration Management Assistant in Tempe, Arizona
Configuration Management Assistant
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Configuration Management Assistant
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Tempe, Arizona, United States
Position ID: J0620-1587
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
The Configuration Management Assistant is responsible for maintaining information about configuration items required to deliver IT Services. Will be responsible for performing all key functions for facilitation and reporting associated with Configuration Management (CMDB)objectives.
• Responsible for data entry, record keeping and accuracy of IT Infrastructure (CI) items in the Master CMDB Database (BMC/Remedy/ITSM)
• Execute the Configuration Management (CMDB) process tasks in adherence with CGI Global Standard and Best Practice
• Support CMDB reporting (KPIs and Customer SLAs)
• Ensure that necessary reports (e.g OSI etc.) are delivered per CGI Global Standard and Best Practice
• Stay abreast of external and internal policy, process, and procedural requirements to ensure that objectives are met for the business unit.
• Identify lessons learned and implement process improvements
Shipping and Receiving Function
• Perform all key functions for facilitation of Phoenix Data Center Receiving function
• Manage shipping and receiving device check out procedures
• Documenting received hardware
• Notifying Hardware Requestors when hardware arrives
• Submitting Requests to have new hardware added to the CMDB
• Responsible for hardware storage room
• Responsible for checking out hardware to Hardware Requestors
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The individual who fills this role is responsible for managing outcomes and results. The activities that this individual will oversee include:
• Ensure protection of assets and components from unauthorized change diversion and inappropriate use Administers configuration items (CIs) and related information
• Applies and administer tools, techniques and processes for the identification, classification and control of CI’s ensuring related information is complete, current and accurate.
• Maintains and evolves CI product classification/categorization
• Performs a monthly audit of CMBD CI data using automated tool reporting
• Maintain and update attributes within existing CIs in the CMDB to reflect changes, decommissions and discrepancies
• Accountable and responsible for integrity of CIs and attributes
• Assists in evaluations related to CMDB enhancements
• Support project teams by providing guidelines and accepting/refusing content provided
• Monitor Change Records for intent to understand update requirements for the CMDB
Shipping and Receiving
• Define and document receiving requirements;
• Create and maintain the receiving plan (generic and client specific)
• Manage, investigate and follow-up on receiving discrepancies;
• Approve and supervise verifications & external audits on receiving data;
• Follow-up on corrections to ensure audit compliance;
• Produce and distribute management reports;
• Monitor and approve changes to the receiving templates/documentation
Combined Key Responsibilities
• Escalate where necessary any issues that may arise within the life cycle of a change request
• Continuously improve and promote change control standards and procedures.
• Prepare and maintain materials for the weekly Client meetings including CAB facilitation and Change Analysis summaries
• Participate as required and proactively provide training and facilitate user forums on a regular basis.
• Develop a close working relationship with key stakeholder communities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 0-2 years CMDB experience or equivalent
• ITIL V3 Foundations and or ITIL Practitioner Certification desired.
• Highly proficient communications – oral and written
• Good analytical skills, strong experience with Microsoft tools, excel, Power Point and Word.
• Ability to identify problems and make recommendations
• Strong orientation to technological strategies and concepts
• Experience performing at a high level beyond immediate area of responsibility
• Track record of building relationships within and across teams and with external partners/vendors
• Demonstrated ability to drive change through influence without direct management authority
• Self-starter with high energy to meet the needs of a demanding business and IT environment
• Ability to multi-task with outstanding organizational skills
• Outstanding negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Must be able to pass all required CGI background checks
Customer Service & Support
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.