CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Change Management Specialist in Tempe, Arizona
Change Management Specialist
Find similar career opportunities
Change Management Specialist
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Tempe, Arizona, United States
Position ID: J0319-2267
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
To manage GTO Change Management processes which directly or indirectly impact IT production services in line with agreed IT Change Management processes minimizing adverse impact to business services.
As Change Management in CGI, your involvement in the achievements of the team's objectives is to contribute to:
Ownership of the Change Management process (as defined by the Information Technology Infrastructure Library – ITIL) and will drive improvement year over year. Using IPCenter, you will provide direction, process, definitions, and support technologies to ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all Client and CGI GTO driven changes. The goal of Change Management is to minimize the impact of any related Changes upon service across internally-managed and vendor-managed systems. Primary responsibilities of this position include oversight of the CGI Infrastructure Support personnel who are responsible for the actual hands-on delivery of services.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The individual who fills this role is responsible for managing outcomes and results. The activities that this individual will oversee include:
• Perform all key functions for the facilitation and reporting (internal, Client and Leadership) for all client Change Management practices.
• Change Facilitation
• Perform change evaluation based on information received assessing quality of change for comprehensive plans, accuracy and lead times.
• Manage risk, change impact and urgency to ensure impact to production services is minimal and the reasons and justification for changes are business beneficial.
• Negotiate ‘Windows of Opportunity’ with users of the process to avoid unnecessary change conflict and impact.
• Facilitate Major Change Process by supporting Cloud and Qtrly Maintenance Window
• Ensure the change authorization process has been complied with and feedback obtained on the outcome of all changes that are implemented.
• Be proactive in identifying and resolving issues relating to the change management process.
• Responsibility included support the execution of report deliverables for Client Service as well as Internal Metrics and reporting
• Delivery and maintenance of key performance reports, making the information easily accessible to the users, and implement best practices regarding reporting and knowledge sharing.
• This position will also include managing the calendar of deliverables, monitoring data quality within source systems and report outputs, liaising with report recipients to inform them of any issues/delivery dates/answers to questions that arise and keeping the team apprised of any actions/interventions required.
Combined Key Responsibilities:
• Escalate where necessary any issues that may arise within the life cycle of a change request
• Continuously improve and promote change control standards and procedures.
• Prepare and maintain materials for the weekly Client meetings including CAB facilitation and Change Analysis summaries
• Participate as required and proactively provide training and facilitate user forums on a regular basis.
• Develop a close working relationship with key stakeholder communities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience with the IPcenter application.
• Good knowledge of Windows platforms, UNIX, Mainframe and AS/400 knowledge is an advantage.
• Good knowledge of network technology
• Good knowledge of MS-Office and Visio.
• Facilitation or Presentation training.
• Experience performing at a high level beyond immediate area of responsibility
• Track record of building relationships within and across teams and with external partners/vendors
• Ability to motivate others to complete and agreement or assignment that is mutually beneficial
• Demonstrated ability to drive change through influence without direct management authority
• Self-starter with high energy to meet the needs of a demanding business and IT environment
• Problem-solving ability
• Ability to multi-task with outstanding organizational skills
• Outstanding negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Candidate must have extremely strong leadership skills along with strong analytical skills.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
IT Service Management - 3-5 Years Experience, Intermediate Level of Proficiency
Infrastructure Change Management - 3-5 Years Experience, Intermediate Level of Proficiency
Desired Qualification: ITIL Certification
Minimum Education Required: College degree or equivalent experience in IT domain.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.