CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Director Consulting Services (Financial Services) in Sterling, Virginia
Director Consulting Services (Financial Services)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Director Consulting Services (Financial Services)
Category: Leadership and Management Roles
City: Sterling, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0221-0433
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI has an immediate need for a Director Consulting Services (Financial Services) to join our financial services team in Sterling, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. CGI is at the center of promoting innovation, creativity and solutioning as digital transformation continues to accelerate in the Financial Services industry. CGI was founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization focused on delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
Join one of CGIs largest Financial Services teams in helping our clients achieve their strategic goals and be part of the CGI dream.
As the Director of Consulting Services within the DMV region, you will have senior responsibility to develop, implement and maintain a strategic account sales plan designed to grow revenue volume from within existing and new accounts in the Sector. The Director of Consulting Services will be responsible for managing the entire lifecycle of the sales and delivery process for a portfolio of accounts.
Will need to develop and maintain strong relationships with existing clients while developing business with new clients. Also, to ensure a high quality of services delivered to assigned clients participates in the delivery of client engagements and leads and manages to achieve targeted revenue and profitability.
Bachelors Degree in Computers or Equivalent
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Overall accountability of revenue growth and service delivery to our clients
• Develop a strong pipeline of opportunities within new and existing accounts within the portfolio, leveraging strong Industry executive relationships
• Lead proposals and evolve solution offerings
• Lead a team of professionals, both direct reports, and supporting units
• Ensure success of engagements using vendor partners
• Manage client satisfaction and expectations
• Apply delivery and client management best practices
• Apply management best practices such as succession planning, member performance reviews, and finance management
• Contribute to business strategy and budget planning
• Manage profitability of engagements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 12+ years of minimum IT and Consulting Services experience
• 12+ years of minimum experience leading and managing large sized teams and implementing solutions / projects on various platforms (Java, Oracle, Customer facing applications, Cloud transformation, Data analytics and other emerging technologies)
• Results oriented business leader with solid understanding of budgets, forecasting, planning, P&L's, and pricing models
• Business development including strategic sales planning
• Solution oriented, needs to exhibit IT experience to propose / build solutions
• Strategy and business development including strategic sales planning
• Delivery experience with track record for positive outcomes
• Client engagement management and relationship building
• People management and building positive teaming relationships
• A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect; superior conceptual thinking as well as analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, including presentation/verbal and written, at Executive levels
• Proven record of creating and maintaining business partnerships and relationships
• Strong decision making, judgment and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional / virtual teams
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
• IT Experience 10+ Expert
• Consultative Sales and Delivery 10+ Expert
• Financial Services Domain Knowledge 10+ Expert
• Cloud Solutions 2+ Years
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.