AWS/Java Backend Developer (Mid-Level)
AWS/Java Backend Developer (Mid-Level)
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Virginia, Sterling
Alternate Location(s): United States, Virginia, Reston
Position ID: J0723-1365
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - Work-life flexibility
CGI has an immediate need for an AWS/Java Backend Developer (Mid-Level) to join our financial services team in Reston, VA or Sterling, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
Join a fast-paced agile team working on cloud implementation effort. Looking for a strong Java Backend Developer with Java 8, Spring Boot, Microservices, Rest API experience. AWS experience is required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Advanced proficiency in coding in Java 8, Spring Boot technologies as well as unit testing/Mockito experience and Cucumber Automation Testing.
• Work on cloud transformation effort, move application components to AWS, update code, create/run CICD pipeline.
• Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
• Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
• Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
• Participate in all agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
• Leverage client DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy in cloud platform, test and promote new or updated features.
• Understand the application code with minimal assistance and resolve bugs/defects/performance issues identified.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6+ years of development experience in Java/J2EE technologies
• 2+ years of development experience with Java 8, Spring boot, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Security and REST Web Services is a must.
• 2+ years of Hands-on AWS experience
• Competent in distributed systems design and implementation. Experience with Object-Oriented Design and test-driven development.
• Advanced proficiency in unit testing/Mockito as well as coding in Java 8 and Spring Boot technologies
• Experience in testing automation using Junit/Mockito
• Hands-On experience with database development using SQL, mybatis.
• Experience with debugging and troubleshooting App performance issues & JVM memory optimization.
• Experience with working on SOAP webservices, XML, JAXB
• Knowledge of UNIX (Linux) environment
• Experience with build tools like Maven/Gradle & Jenkins
• Experience working in Agile environment, preferably SAFe
• Superior time management and work organization
• Strong verbal and oral communication
• Work as a team in a fast-paced agile environment
• Passion for continuous improvement and learning
Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems or related field
AWS Associate level certification desired
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $59,700.00 - $146,900.00.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.