CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. GEOINT Instructor in Springfield, Virginia
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City:Springfield, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Serve as GEOINT Instructor/Trainer to provide GEOINT related sustainment training to the Army GEOINT force. Instructor’s will work alongside existing contract and government GEOINT personnel and will perform duties as a GEOINT Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing professional guidance and analytical support in a variety of areas related to GEOINT analysis but principally the products, processes, and architecture associated with Advanced GEOINT (AGI) or Full-Spectrum GEOINT (FSG), Moving Target Indicator (MTI), Full Motion Video (FMV) and Geospatial Analysis. Provide GEOINT expertise against ground-forces’ intelligence problems and combat operations utilizing knowledge of GEOINT Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP) associated with the Collection, Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination GEOINT tasks to support various Army echelons. All are expected to be familiar with and capable of instructing theater, national and commercial GEOINT collection systems, as well as the fundamental and advanced methodologies of Full Spectrum GEOINT (FSG) or Advanced GEOINT (AGI), MTI, FMV, and Geospatial Analysis.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Will assist in the development and revision of GEOINT analysis courses dealing with FSG/AGI, MTI, and FMV. Will ensure the quality of instructed material and development of associated curriculum is upheld to the GEOINT Functional Lead standard. Presentation of technical GEOINT-based courses to large and small groups of experienced GEOINT analysts, All-Source analysts (mission dependent) and tasking office personnel. Responsible for integrating new initiatives into courseware, as appropriate. Ensures development of courseware and automated data processing (ADP) requirements. Remains abreast of developing technologies within the GEOINT community and ensures adequate working knowledge of all relevant hardware and software.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
1) Completion of a military service or Imagery or GEOINT analysis courses (i.e. USAICoE GEOINT, Army Engineer School).
2) Successfully complete the GEOINT Foundry Instructor Certification Process of all 300 and 400 Level GEOINT Foundry Courses within six months of hire.
3) Working knowledge of national and operational GEOINT exploitation processes, policies, and production cycles.
4) Experience working in SCI environment.
5) Excellent writing and briefing skills including good command of grammar and business communications style, i.e. the ability to convey ideas clearly and concisely.
6) Familiar with use of softcopy GEOINT exploitation software (e.g., SOCET GXP, Remote View, ENVI, AGITK, ArcGIS, DotMatrix, ISRFT, MOVINT Client, Motion Imagery Exploitation Suites, etc.).
7) Experience with MS Office and associated software tools, e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access, Explorer/Netscape/HTML
8) Successful completion of the 80-hour NGA College, Instructor Training Course, and Instructor Certification process
9) Must be willing to travel (approximately) 50%
1) BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
2) Completion of the Defense Sensor Interpretations and Applications Training Program (DSIATP), the Joint Imagery Analysis Course (JIAC), or the Community Imagery Analysis Course (CIAC), INSCOM MASINT J4 Course, INSCOM GEOINT Foundry Courses.
3) Training or experience in the use of GEOINT analysis applications and product development.
4) One-year experience in an adult learning program (e.g., service intelligence school, college, or senior high school) or successful completion of a military, educational, or commercial certified program.
5) Working knowledge of development of learning objectives; methodologies of lecture, demonstration, and practical exercise; adult learning theory, and use of training aids.
6) One-year experience with commercial, theatre, or airborne imagery collection systems.
7) One-year experience in training using softcopy media.
8) Intelink system user proficiency.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.