CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Field Engineer in Sierra Army Depot, California
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Service Desk / End User Services
City: Sierra Army Depot, California, United States
Position ID: J0719-0899
Employment Type: Full Time
Candidate will become member of an integrated team that includes Army Government clients and other military service. Candidate will support the warfighter by overseeing and participating in the management and operations of Non-Destructive Test Equipment (NDTE). The NDTE system utilizes a digital x-ray system to inspect body armor for defects. This system is capable of inspecting a large amount of units in an hour. Position will require a hands-on leader, with documented previous leadership experience. Candidate will supervise up to five other technical members and will be accountable for daily operations, whether assigned a team OCONUS and CONUS. Member will be responsible for all reporting requirements, team performance and must have computer experience and electromechanical skills.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Position requires previous leadership experience consisting of at least three years in a supervisory or team lead position in the last five years.
• Candidate must be able to read and utilize mechanical drawing and manuals and shall demonstrate at least three years previous experience within the last five years.
• Intermediate electronic skills and capable of performing general control and electronic troubleshooting and shall demonstrate at least three years previous experience within the last five years.
• Must be able to utilize diagnostic test equipment tools, for example multimeter and oscilloscope.
• Position requires knowledge of computers, both hardware and software, as well current operating systems file structure. Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP, 7 and 10 operating systems including the use of basic operating systems commands.
• Knowledge of multimedia storage devise and which can be used on a DOD computer system
• Complete knowledge and understanding of Microsoft office suite (example Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Must possess communication skills (both verbal and written) and know when to ask for assistance.
• Must be able to brief team and system performance to upper management and customer
• Candidate will need to lead by example and follow multi-SOP’s as required by customer
• Candidate will demonstrate proficiency in electronics by passing a basic electronic exam
• Once trained candidate must pass exam to demonstrate proficiency of system maintenance
• Other duties as assigned
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Five years of Leadership / Supervisory positions
• Communication Skills
• Electromechanical Skills
• Self-Motivated, Hands-on Leader
• Microsoft Office Suite
Active Secret Clearance Required
Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Must be able to left about fifty pounds.
Must be willing to travel 90% of the time and possess a current valid passport
Must be able to pass CRC requirements.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.