CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. SAP Basis Administrator in San Diego, California
SAP Basis Administrator
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
SAP Basis Administrator
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: San Diego, California, United States
Position ID: J0720-2048
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a SAP Basis Administrator who will be responsible for various SAP landscape activities such as environment installs, system copies, performance tuning, troubleshooting, transports, and upgrades.
You will be joining our CGI dynamic team with an established local client in SAP development and delivery.
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you! We are one of the few end-to-end consulting firms with the scale, reach, capabilities and commitment to meet clients’ enterprise digital transformation needs. Our 77,500 consultants and professionals work side-by-side with clients in 10 industries across more than 400 locations worldwide.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, PTO, ,as well as, numerous other life style benefits. CGI
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Hands on experience in SAP Business Suite in the following areas: Enterprise Portal, Gateway, Fiori, BI / BW, Business Objects, installations, upgrades, support of ERP, CRM, Solution Manager, GRC, PI/PO, Gateway, and other NetWeaver.
• SAP HANA: Handling SAP HANA Administration, Installation and Patch upgrades. HANA Backup and Restore, HANA user security, HANA System Copy/Refresh using HDB backup/recovery methods.
• Enterprise Portal: Installation, upgrade experience of Enterprise portal, Configure maintain Single Sign-On (SSO) between Portal and SAP systems. Performance tuning of EP.
• Configure and maintain SSO configurations between SAP systems and SAML providers.
• Configure and maintain SSL certificates for SAP systems.
• Configure and maintain SAP Web Dispatcher.
• Post-system copy change processes.
• Knowledge in troubleshooting, performance tuning, and planning of the SAP landscape.
• System Administration: SuSE Enterprise Linux, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016, Sun Solaris.
• Database Administration: MSSQL Server, Oracle, SAP HANA
• Expertise in SAP Basis Client administration, System Landscape design, Spool management and transport strategy, TMS and Performance Tuning.
• Best practice knowledge of procedures and policies for post implementation support, backups, and recoveries, and disaster recovery strategy for all SAP Applications.
• Experience on Transport Management System (TMS), and third party transport management systems, including performing transports troubleshoots transport problems and resolve.
• Support experience of SuccessFactors, and Ariba on Demand, StreamServe, BSI TaxFactory, and OpenText Suite 16.
• Process Integration/Orchestration (PI/PO): Performed installation and post-installation steps of PI/PO.
• Solution Manager: Basic configuration, Business Monitoring configuration set up, using Solution Manager for automatic triggering of emails for alerts.
• Provide Onsite and on call support.
• Attend service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality, and processes.
• Own incident, problem, and change management across all competencies including the technical part of the SAP application as well as infrastructure
• Interface with all delivery competencies including application, database, hardware also including service center to resolve issues.
• Communicate to Client, BASIS Leads, Managers and SAP Service Delivery Manager on major escalations.
• Provide Client Satisfaction from delivery.
• Technical documentation skills a must.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
SAP HANA Administration
SAP HANA Certification
SAP ERP 6.0
SAP CRM 7.0
SAP Solution Manager
Microsoft Windows Server Administration
Microsoft SQL Server Administration
SUSE Enterprise Server
SAP HANA 2.0 Certification
SAP Mobility Server
SAP Business Objects
SAP Public Sector experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.