Administrative Assistant/Technical Writer
San Diego, CA
Administrative Assistant/Technical Writer
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
Main location: United States, California, San Diego
Position ID: J1023-1076
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
At CGI Federal, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way CGI Federal has supported clients for years. Our members enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through professional development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. You are a key contributor and most valued asset to our client’s success.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide administrative support to the Director, Program Managers, and Leads.
• Coordinate facility-wide meetings and other business-related functions, including scheduling, meeting, invitations, obtaining/organizing required resources, and execution.
• Process incoming correspondence documents (including tracking, distribution, and filing) and outgoing correspondence/documents (letter drafting, tracking, mailing, faxing).
• Manage electronic transfer of technical documents via customer portal, included coversheet creation, tracking/reporting, and transmittal.
• Use a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and scheduling tools.
• Capture and convert data into a written narrative.
• Liaise with technical team members to comprehend the technical nuances of a system or application.
• Write, edit and deliver a broad range of written materials (e.g., end user documentation, brochures, fact sheets, scripts, presentations).
• Establish and align with industry standard style guides for various written documentation.
• Develop and deliver client-ready materials for end users and stakeholders.
• Develop content in compliance with AP style and other guidelines.
• Review outreach material for stylistic and formatting consistency.
• Review and edit content developed by other members of the team.
• Ensure documents meet editorial and government specifications by adhering to standards for quality, graphics, information, format and style.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with latest release of Microsoft Office (or equivalent).
• Experienced using Visio
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required and the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
• 1+ years of preparing critical communications experience required.
• Bachelors’ degree and 4 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
• Experience preparing technical system and end user documentation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Experience working in a client-facing consultative role preferred.
• Ability to complete tasks within established timelines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint).
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US Citizenship.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $65,000 - $71,000.
Operational Data Store
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.