CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Security Operations Center Analyst in San Antonio, Texas
Security Operations Center Analyst
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Security Operations Center Analyst
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0520-0646
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is looking for Security Operations Analyst to support our Security Operations Center based in San Antonio. We provide Incident Management and Intrusion Detection services as a Managed Security Service to both Federal and Commercial clients. Qualified applicants will be on the forefront of incident response where they will utilize the latest in network security technology to provide Computer Network Defense and Information Assurance (IA) support to CGI Federal and its customers.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Understand and maintain the appropriate knowledge of tools, security procedures, and services within the SOC.
• Ensure the proper direction, implementation, and understanding of new policies, programs, tools, and procedures are available within the team.
• Ensure the transfer of knowledge between analyst shifts and leadership to provide an understanding of all updates, assignments, training, and SOC procedures.
• Ensure the proper documentation and structure is in place to prioritize and escalate issues in order to be proactive rather than reactive.
• Provide analysts with consistent up-to-date documentation for clients and procedures in an easy-to-access and organized central location.
• Ensure that event analysis and incident reports are documented and quality control is applied to ensure accuracy.
• Assist in developing and maturing the future services and capabilities of the SOC, such as Forensics, Threat Management, Penetration Assessments, Tool Management, and more.
• Identify improvements within processes, procedures, policies, staffing, training, and tools to improve efforts and daily operations.
• Ensure that all procedures and operations are carried out by the responsible parties.
• Responsible for shift activity and daily operations in terms of making sure that the daily shift responsibilities are completed.
• Understand SOC objectives, direction, and procedures.
• Maintain the ability to complete all SOC daily operations and procedures, and ensure the proper escalation and leadership knowledge is provided.
• Ensure the proper documentation of tickets, shift documentation, correspondence, and escalations.
• Ensure events are handled at detection time according to established procedures.
• Demonstrate excellent communication and client care skills by documenting all activities within our client delivery systems and communicating with client representatives in a timely manner.
• Stay informed of current events in the security industry including the latest exploits and threats as well as preventative measures, remediation, and restoration techniques.
• Ensure that proper pass down is given in terms of the accuracy of the information and the events that took place during shift.
• Act as the escalation point for client requests for information and presence on conference calls where SOC representation is necessary.
• Mentor team members to improve quality and consistency of security information analysis of network traffic.
• Assist analyst investigation and ticket creation efforts. Provide daily monitoring and alerting of events that occur within the near real time environment.
• Ensure the proper mitigations and vulnerability management are recommended and escalated to management.
• Accurately and in detail, record pertinent information from the shift in the shift logs to ensure no information gaps occur at shift change.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Due to the nature of the government contract, US Citizenship is required
Graduation with a degree from a recognized university with specialization in Computer Sciences or a related discipline and/or a minimum of three to five (3 - 5) years of directly related practical experience and demonstrated ability to carry out the functions of the job.
• Thirst for knowledge, inquisitive nature, keen interest in being a driver of the SOC expansion
• Experience working in an IT Security Operations Center using SANS methodology
• Experience designing IT security systems and/or experience in security penetration testing
• Experience and extensive knowledge of Security Information Event Management
• Experience in Intrusion Detection or Prevention Systems
• Knowledge of: TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching
• Experience in Linux/UNIX and Windows based devices at the System Administrator level
• System log forensics (Syslog, Event Viewer)
• Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving skills
• Team player, excellent communication skills, good time management
• Organizational skills and the ability to work autonomously with attention to processes
• Ability to speak and communicate effectively with peers, management and clients
• Ability and experience in writing clear and concise technical documentation
• Ability to speak and write fluently in English
• Security certifications: SANS/GIAC (GCIH, GCIA or GCUX), CEH, Sec+, & other similar certifications highly recommended.
SIEM experience (ArcSight, QRadar, Splunk)
• Experience using ticketing systems such as Remedy, LanDesk, ServiceNow
• Security +, Network +, CISSP, CEH, GCIA, GCIH, CISM, SPLUNK Training highly valued
• Knowledge of: Strong Authentication, End Point Security, Internet Policy Enforcement, Firewalls, Web Content Filtering, Database Activity Monitoring (DAM), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions
• Knowledge of NIST, PCI, HIPAA
• Experience mentoring colleagues and willingness to be mentored
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.