CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Mid-level Java Developer in San Antonio, Texas
Mid-level Java Developer
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:San Antonio, Texas, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
This position requires a mid-level Java resource with preferable experience in collections space. This individual will serve as a developer on the project designing and coding application modifications, batch and online interfaces (including modifying existing Web Services as well as creating new Web Services).
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Technical expertise in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of software (using Java)
• Ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
• Analyze and solve conceptual and complex problems/situations by utilizing a working knowledge of J2E and PL/SQL skills to troubleshoot technical issues and ensure the performance, availability and stability of the solution.
• Experience developing scalable, high availability applications
• Experience developing Web Services
• Experience with relational databases – writing efficient SQL and stored procedures for Oracle
• Must be a self-starter with a willingness to learn new technologies
• Must be able to review, update and create technical system documentation.
• Must be able to lead technical design sessions
• Collaboratively work with other team members.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3+ years’ experience as Java/J2E developer
• Strong knowledge of the frameworks (e.g., Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Batch)
• Strong knowledge of ORM tool (Hibernate, Ibatis, JPA)
• Strong knowledge of UI development (JSP, HTML, CSS, Ajax, XML)
• Strong knowledge of web services (WSDL Soap, Restful)
• Proficient and hands on with Application Servers (JBoss , WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat)
• Good knowledge of relation database, specifically Oracle (SQL, jdbc)
• Experience working with code repository (SVN, GIT, PVCS)
• Experience working with integrated development tools (e.g., Eclipse, IBM RAD, JDeveloper, IntellJ)
• Knowledge of working with linux shell scripting (e.g., awk, sed, korn-shell)
• Knowledge of automated software build (Apache Ant)
• Experience of test driven development with jUnit
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational and coordination skills
• Ability to work both independently and with a team
• Experience working with CACS-E and CAS (Collections Recovery Accounting) applications
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.