CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Cyber Threat Hunter in San Antonio, Texas
Cyber Threat Hunter
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Cyber Threat Hunter
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0320-1814
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking qualified applicants for an Cyber Threat Hunter position that will serve as part of a Security Operations Center (SOC) team in San Antonio, TX. Qualified applicants will be responsible for participating in threat actor based investigations to detect, disrupt and eradicate the presence of threat actors from enterprise networks. To meet this goal you will utilize the latest in cyber security technology to provide Computer Network Defense and Information Assurance (IA) support to CGI Federal and its customers.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Monitor and analyze network traffic and IDS alerts, respond to potential threats/vulnerabilities.
• Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of exploits.
• Provide network intrusion detection expertise to support timely and effective decision making of when to declare an incident.
• Conduct Open Source cyber threat intelligence research to identify threat actor motivations, capabilities, and intentions.
• Perform initial triage on security events that are populated in a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system.
• Analyze a variety of network and host-based security appliance logs (Firewalls, NIDS, HIDS, Sys Logs, etc.) to determine the correct remediation actions and escalation paths for each incident.
• Independently follow procedures to contain, analyze, and eradicate malicious activity.
• Document all activities during an incident and providing leadership with status updates during the life cycle of the incident.
• Develop advanced queries and alerts to detect adversary actions
• Hunt for and identify threat actor groups and their techniques, tools and processes
• Track threat actors and associated tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
• Capture intelligence on threat actor TTPs and develop countermeasures in response to threat actors.
• Provide thoroughly vetted intelligence products on emerging cyber threats, indicators of compromise and trend analysis.
• Create a final incident report detailing the events of the incident.
• Provide information regarding intrusion events, security incidents, and other threat indications and warning information to US government agencies.
• Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve incident response times, analysis of incidents, and overall SOC operations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Education or Experience:
• U.S. Citizenship required, per Federal stipulation.
• Minimum of two (2) years of direct experience in an IT Security, Incident Response or Security Analyst role within the last 4 years
• Experience with cyber advanced persistent threats, actors, infrastructure, and TTPs
• Experience and extensive knowledge working with a SIEM and performing triage, information gathering and analysis
• Experience in Security Incident Handling and Incident Management procedures
• Experience with writing clear and concise technical documents specifically event analysis and incident handling documentation
• Experience with Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems
• Demonstrate knowledge of the TCP/IP stack and other protocols
• Knowledge of computer networking, routing and switching
• Experience with Linux/UNIX and Windows based devices at the System Administrator level
• Working knowledge of security architectures and devices
• In Depth Knowledge of lateral movement, footholds, and data exfiltration techniques
• Experience with Account Management, Windows Events and Log Management
• Organizational skills and the ability to work autonomously with attention to detail and processes
• Excellent communication skills with experience providing incident briefings to peers, management and clients
• Excellent written skills with experience creating formal incident reports
• Industry recognized professional certification such as CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, CEH, Security• Past experience with or current understanding of government intelligence processes and systems
• Direct experience with Malware and Fusion analysis techniques and methodologies
• Scripting skills (e.g., PERL, Python, shell scripting)
• US Federal Government security clearance (Public Trust), or the ability to obtain a clearance
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.