CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Chief Operations Manager in San Antonio, Texas
Chief Operations Manager
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Chief Operations Manager
Category: Project Management
City: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0920-0742
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is looking for a Chief Operations Manager to support the Defense Health Agency (DHA) with a multi-provider, integrated platform for the delivery of enterprise-wide IT services to the enterprise. This critical program will modernize DHA’s IT infrastructure to provide a standardized, robust, and highly available global infrastructure and enterprise core services, scoped from end-user desktop to data center, while adhering to the cost containment and operational efficiencies. Join CGI’s growing and highly capable team supporting Federal Health agencies!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This role has oversite of all operations for delivery of Contractor Services, including the practices for Event, Incident, Problem, Change, and Service Request. This role leads the EITSI use of SMS and compliance with the SMM.
• Directly support the Program Manager and Deputy to ensure that all SIAM programmatic level responsibilities (e. g., staffing, programmatic deliverables, monthly reporting, ad hoc requests, etc.)
• Oversee the Service Management Practices including Incident, Problem, Change, Event, Request, and management of service desk and network operations.
• Optimize the overall operation of services, service providers, and processes to create and increase value for the customer
• Provide an effective means of using industry recognized methods to determine, measure and monitor enterprise IT services, Service Desk staffing levels, requirements and allocations
• Engage with the customer at the enterprise architecture level to strategically align the demand for new technical capabilities and the services provided
• Manage and integrate activities in accordance with contract requirements and ensure technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance.
• Ensure that any proposed hardware or software meets DoD IT security requirements.
• Manage large size program staff that includes subcontractors or suppliers and task or project leads.
• Establish and manage relationships with customer subject matter experts and appropriate customer management, with an objective of maintaining and building the business
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Requires BA/BS with 10 years of experience, ideally within the Service Management domain, with at least 4 years of management level responsibility
• Familiarity with MSI and SIAM operations and how delivery interacts
• Proven experience in managing distributed, enterprise level global service desk and network operations as well as infrastructure service transitions
• Experience with managing a tiered support structure to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operating Level Agreements (OLAs) supporting service delivery and support
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience and leadership in IT Operations
• Skilled at working collaboratively in a complex environment and driving performance achievement and improvements
• Must be a US Citizen
• ITIL v3 or ITIL 4 foundation certification
• Expertise in ServiceNow platform, particularly within ITSM, ITOM, and CSM domains
• Ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance (ADP II Public Trust).
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required.
• DHA Experience
• Understanding of DOD program and risk management practices
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (highly desired)
• ITIL 4 Managing Professional Certified or ability to obtain within first six months
• Cloud (AWS, Azure) experience and/or ServiceNow certification preferred
• Agile delivery experience
• SIAM Foundation Training & Certification
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.