CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Architect in Sacramento - Remote, California
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Sacramento - Remote, California, US United States
Position ID: J0821-0580
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a Technical Architect to join our team!
You will be responsible for ensuring the technical architectures—platform, application, and data—are developed and applied consistently.
Responsible for ensuring technical standards and best practices are implemented consistently and is authorized to make decisions about the day-to-day execution of assigned tasks.
Provide leadership in general project management activities as well as oversight and guidance in other areas of the project including testing and implementation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Define, design, updates and documents the necessary physical and logical technical architecture
• Participate in the gathering of information in technical architecture discussions and sessions
• Lead the planning, development, configuration, and execution of the configuration and development of the system infrastructure to meet the project scope and requirements
• Primary focus on Solution configuration, such as reports, interface development, and other tailoring activities
• Oversees Infrastructure staff and the installation of hardware and software
• Manage day-to-day activities of the technical staff
• Analyze requirements from a technical perspective and develop solutions to meet the identified requirements
• Lead the team in addressing the technical requirements for the solution for software performance and reliability
• Resolve and manage assigned issues and risks
• Authorized to make team-level decisions
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years proven experience as a Technical Architect or Project Manager
• 10+ years hands-on experience with software development and system administration
• 10+ years’ experience in virtualization / cloud technologies (e.g. AWS / VMware)
• 5+ years of organizational and leadership skills
• Ability to work with 3rd party vendors, create purchase requisitions, manage hardware/software maintenance contracts.
• Position requires the ability to be flexible, and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• Solid understand of Client/Server Architecture. Understanding of virtualization, Windows and Un*x server platforms in a large scale enterprise environment or large datacenter environment.
• Ability to create/modify processes to increase the efficiency of complex operations.
• Be detail oriented with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks at the same time.
• Good communication skills are required.
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $84K-$170K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.