Senior HRM/Payroll Business Analyst (ERP)
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
Main location: United States, Nevada, Carson City
Alternate Location(s): United States, California, Sacramento
Position ID: J0923-0385
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI is seeking a Senior HRM/Payroll Business Analyst (ERP) to join our team in Carson City, NV!
You will be helping with the rollout of our 'CGI Advantage - ERP system' for our client. This is our largest ERP Implementation project in the Northwest area!
Hybrid schedule will be considered. Travel will be more during beginning of project, but must be willing to travel to our client location throughout the project on part time basis.
Superb opportunity for you to experience being a part of an ERP Implementation effort for a large client (18,000 employees) in Nevada. The benefits of this ERP implementation will bring modern technology and streamlining for allowing our client to be more proficient!
Looking for someone who appreciates working in a fast-paced collaborative environment and who would enjoy being part of a growing team implementing critically important solutions for Government clients.
Articulate need and rationale for change, and design and describe solutions that deliver value to our clients.
You will be a recognized practitioner in the analysis, definition and modeling of financial business processes, requirements, systems and data with client engagement in preferably Agile methodology.
Put your years of human resource and payroll experience into a future of excellence with this exciting prospect to be part of inspiring, collaborative and accomplished team at CGI.
How we’re transforming Government
We use technical expertise and secure solutions to help government reinvent the ways of working to improve citizen services and increase efficiency. Our work helps civil entities provide services transparently and with fewer resources.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
How you'll make an impact
• Identify customer objectives and their business needs
• Analyze sophisticated business and system functional and non-functional requirements
• Lead a team to manage HRM/Payroll requirements of a sophisticated project
• Plan and lead fit gap of current processes to future designed processes
• Lead sessions to analyze HRM/Payroll business requirements to determine functional solutions
• Plan and manage resources to build functional design documents and other functional project deliverables
• Find and resolve inconsistencies
• Manage software development lifecycle
• Identify acceptance tests and scope
• Manage requests for the application of changes to baseline requirements
• Conduct sophisticated modeling activities
• Define scope and business priorities, as well as change initiatives
• Developing, interpreting, documenting, and implementing human resource and business concepts/designs for functionality to support client’s business requirements
• Testing and resolving HRM/Payroll functional issues while providing functional support to the project team
• Collaborating with clients independently to prepare participants for meeting sessions and to answer questions regarding their business functions as it relates to Advantage ERP HRM/Payroll
• Manage client and team meetings
• Author and review design documents and other deliverables
• Align with project documentation standards
• Understand work plan activities, and provide accurate status on work completion
• Identify and communicate issues in a timely manner
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What you'll bring
• Ability to lead, coordinate and perform the functional task related to the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Ability to plan and coordinate enterprise-wide systems (such as Oracle, SAP, Baan, Peoplesoft, etc.) in HRM/Payroll functional areas
• Ability to translate the business case analysis and client requirements into design documents
• Ability to coordinate and lead peer review sessions
• Experience on ERP implementation projects
• Highly self-motivated
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a virtual team environment, as well as travel 25-50% of the time
• Bachelor's degree
Years of experience in the following:
• HRM Business System Analysis - 5• ERP Implementations - 3• Management consulting - 4• HRM Background - 3• Information and Business Process Modeling - 3DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
• Experience with User Centered Design
• Team oriented
• Clear verbal and written communication skills
• Customer service oriented
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $75,600 - $186,000.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Adv HRM - Payroll
Business Process Modelling
Enterprise Resource Planning
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.