CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Security Officer in Sacramento, California
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Cyber Security Consulting
City:Sacramento, California, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
The Security Officer is responsible for carrying out State privacy and security standards and for communicating on security matters with the State. He/she will validate, comply with, and perform system security per state and federal security policies, regulations, and laws. He/she will provide security awareness and privacy training to all CGI staff. He/she will prepare/deliver a security briefing and written summary every six (6) months. He/she will perform a security assessment and generate a Security Assessment Report every two (2) years. He/she is responsible for contract deliverables including the System Security Plan and Security Assessment Report.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for carrying out State privacy and security standards and for communicating on security matters with the State.
• Confirm compliance with the California Information Practices Act (Civil Code § 1798 et. seq.); the Security Provisions of the SAM (Chapters 5100 and 5300 and 5305.5) and the California Statewide Information Management Manual (SIMM) (§§ 58-C, 58-D, 66-B, 5305-A and B, 5325-A and B, 5330-A, B, and C, 5340-A, B, and C, and 5360-B); and the privacy provisions of the Federal Privacy Act of 1974; and the information security and privacy controls set forth in the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP); comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Perform system security and confirm that deliverables and services comply with the System Security Plan; remedy deficiencies; and report discrepancies.
• Confirm that the system data is secure in system environments, facilities, personal computers, laptops, and mobility devices; secure removable media and confirm destruction of data prior to disposal; maintain chain of custody procedures when appropriate.
• Confirm that the system complies with the State Data Center’s standards for encryption and uses at minimum 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption with a 256-bit key size for system information routed between State Host Data centers and State, county, and Eligibility System networks.
• Confirm that system websites and browser-based applications use secure communication protocol(s) that provide up-to-date network communication privacy and data integrity.
• Provide security awareness and privacy training to all CGI staff.
• Execute processes/procedures for managing/auditing end user system and application accounts/privileges.
• Execute processes/procedures for monitoring/reporting unauthorized access attempts to system and/or application; and for monitoring/reporting the disclosure of confidential information.
• Follow security incident processes/procedures and report all security incidents in a Security Incident Report.
• Support annual State Data Center audits by Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V).
• Prepare and deliver a security briefing and written summary every six (6) months.
• Every two (2) years, perform a security assessment and generate a Security Assessment Report.
• Update/execute a System Security Plan to confirm system security and data confidentiality; consider/evaluate potential security risks and propose measures that will minimize those risks; confirm that the System Security Plan meets the requirements of Federal, State, and CDSS statutes, regulations and policy regarding system and data security and confidentiality.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5 years of experience applying analytical processes on IT projects
• At least five (5) years of experience in systems security
• Technical writing and report generation and managing projects using a standardized set of project management principals
• Experience in enterprise IT security risk assessments and related frameworks (e.g., ISO 27000 series, NIST 800 Series, COBIT, IT General Controls, etc.)
• Conceptual knowledge of the following regulations: PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, GLBA, FISMA, NIST
• Experience with multiple, simultaneous vendor management
• Industry recognized certification in security (e.g., CISSP, CCSK, CISA, CISM, CEH, etc.)
• Experience working with SecaaS, Cloud Security or third-party / Cloud Security Assessments including AWS or Azure; or experience in cloud security and experience securing cloud services
• Experience with Cloud Security vendors in the IAM, Data Protection, Monitoring and IaaS provider specific space
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering or related, or equivalent experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.