CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Release Manager (.NET) in Sacramento, California
Release Manager (.NET)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Release Manager (.NET)
Category: Project Management
City: Sacramento, California, US United States
Position ID: J0521-1907
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a Release Manager to join our team!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will be responsible for Release and Configuration activities on the Pension Solution project including the following:
• Directing and supervising the operation of build and release activities including data refresh activities.
• Planning and orchestrating activities across several teams.
• Conducts release planning sessions with the client.
• Acts as a backup when team members are not available to execute the procedures/tools to conduct application build and release activities.
• Maintaining/fixing PowerShell scripts and tools (primarily TFS) to perform the build and release activities. This may include creating new scripts and procedures as the application changes.
• Managing the configuration items for each of the environments supporting the project.
• Maintaining the documentation (both work products and deliverables) supporting the release management and configuration management processes.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
2 years leading a team (blended with the client)
3 years .NET development including C#, ASP.NET, web services and XML
3 years PowerShell scripting
3 years Visual Studio 2015+ and Team Foundation Services (TFS) 2015+ experience, including check-in, check-out, branching, merging and build processes
2 years writing queries and using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) with SQL Server 20121 years using IIS Manager to manage web sites/applications with deep knowledge of IIS configuration
1 years Owning, troubleshooting and resolving issues
1 years writing and editing work products and deliverables
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $84K-$110K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
SQL Server Management
Visual Studio Code
Visual Studio Code
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.