CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. JAVA Developer (Configuration Management) in Sacramento, California
JAVA Developer (Configuration Management)
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
JAVA Developer (Configuration Management)
City: Sacramento, California, United States
Position ID: J0820-1919
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking an experienced JAVA Developer (Configuration Management) to join an exciting team that provides support to a California State client within a modified Agile environment! This career opportunity is located in Sacramento, CA!
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you! We are one of the few end-to-end consulting firms with the scale, reach, capabilities and commitment to meet clients’ enterprise digital transformation needs. Our 77,500 consultants and professionals work side-by-side with clients in 10 industries across more than 400 locations worldwide.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, PTO, ,as well as, numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides unlimited sick leave!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Plan and coordinate system configuration activities
• Maintain configuration management documentations for reference purposes
• Develop process improvements to enhance configuration efficiency
• Determine configuration requirements and develop system configuration procedures.
• Educate staffs about configuration policies and practices
• Assist in developing tools to support daily configuration management activities
• Follow and enforce configuration management policies and practices
• Analyze and resolve configuration problems in a timely fashion
• Assist in designing automation tools to support configuration procedures
• Ensure that system configuration is executed in accordance with customer needs
• Recommend configuration management solutions as per the requirements
• Develop and assist in the Agile software process
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Either a 2- or 4-year degree in Computer Science or IT, with 2-4 years of practical experience developing software and managing builds, deployments, and configurations.
An ideal candidate will have experience, doing some of the following:
• JAVA Development experience (2 years)
• Extreme attention to detail while managing a variety of tasks, and ensuring complete accuracy
• Responsibility for DevOps activities, including the day-to-day application builds, server start/stop, and deployment activities
• Supporting deliverables in parallel while coordinating amongst other team members
• Collaborating with development and support teams
• Performing builds and submitting deployment tickets
• Coordinating the deployment schedule
• Ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment.
• Good communication skills and ability to communicate clearly with clients and team members
Required Technologies and skill set:
• Git, GitHub, Bitbucket,
• JDK Tools 1.7 and above
• Putty Suite, Linux
• Some experience (1+ years) in development of SOAP based Web Services
• Some experience (1+ years) of Cloud Computing technology (AWS, Azure, or similar)
• Ability to work independently and conduct self-directed research if needed.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.