Category: Project Management
Main location: United States, California, Sacramento
Position ID: J1223-0718
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is currently seeking an Infrastructure Architect and Capacity Planner to join our team to work on highly visible transformation projects for some of the world’s largest enterprises.
This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
• Full-time opportunity to become a member of an organization with $10 billion+ in annual revenues
• 70,000 employees in 40 countries
We offer a complete benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Systems Architect/Capacity Planner applies broad technical expertise to the analysis of business requirements, documentation of architectural design and solution specifications, and ongoing capacity and performance analysis of hybrid cloud solutions.
• Responsible for all aspects of infrastructure architecture and design.
• Responsible for monitoring solution performance and capacity utilization, developing capacity planning models, presenting future requirements in the form of detailed Capacity Management Plans and Capacity Management Reports.
• Technical lead for Proof Of Concept design and testing activities.
• Responsible for reviewing all Change Requests for infrastructure architecture impact.
• Drives the development of white papers, proposals, and other documentation.
• Coordinates monitoring and analysis in support of specialized activities such as performance testing.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
At least five (5) years of experience in preparing and implementing capacity management plans within the past fifteen (15) years, developing long and short-term plans for hardware and software components on projects involving large and complex IT systems.
At least one (1) year of experience within the past fifteen (15) years, managing the migration of large and complex IT systems from one production environment to another on at least two (2) separate projects. Each project must have had a duration of at least six (6) months. One (1) of the two (2) projects shall have included migration to, and operation of, a system component in a cloud environment.
The Infrastructure Lead shall have at least two (2) years of experience within the past fifteen (15) years, working with IT infrastructure (physical or cloud) hosted at OTech or a similar government or commercial data center rated Tier 3 or better.
Definition of Large and Complex IT System:
• Integrates at least two applications, one of which is a Commercial Off The Shelf package.
• Interfaces with at least five external systems.
3-5 years' experience serving as a systems architect in a large multi-vendor AWS hybrid environment.
3-5 years' experience producing infrastructure architecture design documents.
3-5 years' experience producing detailed capacity management plans and reports.
3-5 years' experience designing IaaS-based solutions and planning capacity for AWS solutions.
AWS Solutions Architect - Associate or Professional certification.
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to present technical information to an audience of non-technical business decision makers.
Experience working on major systems implementation projects;
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in driving technical problems to resolution.
• Ability to mentor other team members in areas of technical expertise.
• Excellent troubleshooting and root cause-analysis skills.
Excellent working knowledge of:
• AWS platforms and technologies including S3, ECS, EKS, Fargate, EC2, and Lambda.
• Enterprise-Scale Transactional Processing Systems
• Linux/UNIX server technologies.
• Database technologies, preferably DB2, DynamoDB, and Aurora (MySQL and Postgres)
• Middleware technologies, preferably WebSphere and Business Objects.
• Local and Wide area networking technologies.
• Both SDLC and Agile development methodologies, as well as DevOps delivery models.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
3-5 years of experience working in an outsourced/managed services environment.
One or more of the following:
• 3-5 years of Java ore related web development experience
• 3-5 years of Application Server administration experience in a large production environment, preferably with WebSphere .
Experience with three or more of the following, or equivalent, technologies:
New Relic, Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence, Windows Server.
Experience developing project plans and work breakdown structures.
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $84,000 - $186,000."
CGI anticipates accepting applications for this position through March 8, 2024.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.