CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Configuration & Source Code Manager in Rosslyn, Virginia
Configuration & Source Code Manager
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Configuration & Source Code Manager
Category: Project Management
City: Rosslyn, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1020-2336
Employment Type: Full Time
As a member of the .Net Developer team, you will be supporting agile development/operations by implementing and improving various technology strategies that are already in place at the client. You will work on building, scaling, and monitoring highly complex and mission-critical applications and ensuring our container orchestration infrastructure is highly available as it migrates to a cloud environment. You will also be responsible for designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Serves as a core member of the CTO DevOps team training developers on proper source code management and integrating source code and configuration management into the CI/CD process.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent combination of education and experience
• A minimum of five years of experience with source control systems (Jira, Git, Microsoft DevOps, Subversion) and experience in managing the configuration and security of such projects
• A minimum of five years’ experience with software application builds and release engineering
• A minimum of five years of Jenkins, and three years of experience with SVN
• Administrative expertise of Jenkins and subversion or MS DEVOPS and Git
• Extensive knowledge in various branching/ merging methodologies and release procedures
• Experience in architecting release engineering, configuration management, software development or related discipline
• Proficient in automated Build-Release processes and tools
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies (e.g., Scrum)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Understanding of the .NET Assemblies, Web Services, Windows Services, WCF, IIS, C#, VB. NET, XML and .NET Platform
• Exposure to administration of Internet Information Systems (IIS) Web Servers, application servers preferred
• Experience with automating software deployment and packaging
• Programming knowledge with exposure to Visual Studio IDEs and .NET environments
• Experience with Microsoft’s Desired State Configuration technology a plus
• Experience with Code Analysis tools preferred
Agile & DevOps
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.