CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. SOC Tier 3 Analyst in Rockville, Maryland
SOC Tier 3 Analyst
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
SOC Tier 3 Analyst
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: Rockville, Maryland, United States
Position ID: J0719-1785
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is looking for a SOC Tier III/Lead who has experience in SOC Operations, Technical expertise and client relationship management to support a federal client in Rockville MD. This role is highly technically hands on and requires a broad depth of knowledge as well as the ability to share knowledge within the team. In this role you will be responsible for the day to day operations and management of the SOC to maintain a smooth efficient Security Operations Center. You will have the opportunity to communicate with our clients and management and add value by identifying new opportunities or growing business. This is a rewarding position that will provide both the opportunity for leadership and the ability to display your technical mastery in the SOC.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Determine and classify the severity of alerts and assess potential impacts.
• Report and investigate potential security incidents.
• Provide recommendations to clients for containment and eradication of threats.
• Maintain Intrusion Detection/Prevention signatures.
• Update security operations processes and procedures.
• Assist in IT security investigations, exercises and tests.
• Research, consultation with colleagues and training to maintain awareness of trends in new security threats, technologies and regulations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• 7+ years concentrated in the field of cyber security operations and incident response.
• Experience working with or supporting the Federal Government (preferably in a Federal SOC environment)
• Able to meet eligibility requirements for government security investigations
• Expert Level Knowledge of at least 5 of the following security tool categories:
SEIM, Network IDS/IDP, Endpoint A/V & EDR
Email Protection, IR Workflow & Automation, Vulnerability Assessment & Pen Testing
Threat Intelligence, Network & Malware Analysis, Web Proxy and DLP
• Ability to analyze log files, packets and other security tool records for a diverse variety of systems.
• Understanding of how Virtualization, Operating Systems, Middle Ware, Software Development Engineering and Network protocols function.
• Familiarity of reverse engineering techniques, understanding of behavior, capabilities of malware, rootkits.
• Broad knowledge of security technologies, processes and strategies and Feder.al security controls and guidelines such as FIPS and NIST
• Knowledge of security policy and technical standard development, secure infrastructure design reviews, multi-tiered trust zone structures, and complex networking through multiple level network security structures
• Proven analytic and problem-solving abilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead and work as part of a team
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication and client facing skills
• One of the following certifications: CISSP (preferred), CISM ,PMP, CEH, Security+,
• Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
• Ability to deliver under pressure and prioritize and multi-task effectively
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays in the event of an incident response emergency
• Due to the nature of the contract, US citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain and maintain an agency specific clearance
- Cyber Security Consulting
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.